Chapter 4-Ditching

Cliffe POV

He looked up surprise when the door slammed shut. Vail was finally back, but he didn't look happy. Echo and Melody had found Vail's video games and were busy shooting and killing each other while yelling obscenties at each other. On Echo's part, at least.

They'd been going at it for quite a while now. Cliffe opened his mouth and was about to say something when Vail snapped at the two girls.

"Shut the fuck up! I'm going to sleep. There better not be any fucking sound, or one of you won't make it out of this house alive!"

'kay, apparently, he wasn't in a very good mood right now. Cliffe stood up and picked Melody up by her arms. "Right then, see ya Echo. Melody will be back later tomorrow."

Echo obviously wasn't very happy with Vail for taking away her friend by the way her face was set in a frown, but she nodded and watched as Cliffe dragged her out the door.

He and Melody carefully walked their way into the silent house. It was already midnight, and he didn't want his crazy cousin to wake up and be grouchy at them. Luck was not on his side, however, when the lights turned on and he found him sitting on the couch leisurely.

"Now, now, aren't you too supposed to be in bed already?" His tone was mocking, and Clife had to clench his hands to remind himself again that he was older and his guardian until Cliffe became of age.

"Yes, Yes, we are, and we are going right now if we will excuse us, Steele." Steele smirked at him and waved him off. "Of course, cousin. Have a good nights sleep."

Vail POV

Brgggg!! Brggggg!!

"Shit!" Vail woke up with a start when the bell went off. Unfortunately, everyone turned to look at Vail with his little outburst there. He scowled at them, and they turned around immediately. His face was still stuck with a scowl as he walked out of his classroom that he had spent sleeping the entire time.

School was just a fucking waste of time. He didn't even know why he spent any time there anyways. With that on his mind, he turned around and headed out of the school through the back door. He'd skipped school so many times that he had memorized a way to get out undetected.

He almost made it, too until a voice called out to him. "Hey! Vail! Where are you going?" he knew that voice. It was that guy who'd brought Melody with him. That damn guy called Cliffe. He really wanted to throw him off a cliff right now. Couldn't he tell that he was trying to skip school here?

Vail didn't answer and kept on walking toward the storage door that he usually went out of. Before he reached it, though, a hand shot out and landed at the wall right beside his head.

"What?!" Vail snapped at him without turning around. He knew who it was, but he didn't want to see his face right then.

"Where're you going?" At that, Vail whipped around and pushed him away. "I'm skipping. Come with, or leave."

The second he said that, he went Shit! in his head. Why did he offer to take him with him? Hopefully he would say no, but alas, he was thwarted when Cliffe nodded and smiled at him.

"Sure, might as well."

Vail let out a sigh before reluctantly waving him to follow him through the storage door. When they came out, Vail looked behind him to see that Cliffe had an atonished look on his face.

"Woah,dude, Where did you find this place?" The door led out into the back of the campus which was right beside a little forest that Vail spent most of his time in.

To answer his question, Vail just shrugged and kept on walking into the woods.

"Wait a minute! You're going in the woods?" Vail looked at him curiously. Isn't that the only place they could go?

Cliffe smiled at him and grabbed his arm.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Vail was outraged. How dare he touch him?

"We're gong to my place. There's air conditioning and T.V. there. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be sitting on a couch playing video games then walking around in the woods."

Despite Vail's protests, he continued to drag him along to his car that was parked in the school parking lot.

Vail didn't know shit about cars, but he did know a quality, expensive one when he saw it. He made sure that Cliffe knew it too.

"Damn! Nice ride. How much?"

"Huh?" Cliffe looked confused at Vail's question. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," He let out an exasperated voice like he thought Cliffe should obviously know what he meant. "How much did it cost you to buy this fucking car?"

Cliffe shrugged. "No idea, it isn't mine? It's my cousins."

"Oh. Well, whatever. It doesn't matter."