Chapter 5-Cousins, Huh?

Picture of Steele

Steele POV

Steele stared impassively at the cowering idiot in front of him. He was too tired to deal with all these morons right now. That stupid Blade still hadn't paid off his bills, so he'd had to track down the brother of his that he was always talking about when he was high.

Thinking about that, he tuned back into the apology that was being told to him.

"Sorry, sir, but they were too smart. They ended up beating up all of us and we failed to kill their leader." he was sniveling by now. It seemed that the fellow expected to be killed for his failed mission. Steele smirked. Fine. He would put him out of his misery.

He whipped out his gun and pointed it at the man's head.

"I don't enjoy failure." He pulled the trigger and a loud Thump! was heard when the body fell to the ground.

The other guys looked nervous when they glanced at Steele. He waved at one of them and smirked when he stiffened in fright.

"Clean up this mess. It's an eyesore." A group of men ran to the body and picked it up to dispose of it. This was a regular occurence around Steele, so they all knew the drill. He had a passion for killing.

Abruptly, He stood up and started to walk away. With a wave, he announced, "I'm tired. Don't look for me."

He opened the door to his house that he shared with his cousin and frowned when he heard some noise. It meant that his liitle Cliffe was skipping again and, from the sounds of it, he'd brought along a friend of his. That had never happened before.

He walked to Cliffe's room and found him sitting next to another guy playing COD. The other guy's back was to him, so he couldn't see his face. Right then, Cliffe turned around and spotted him standing by the doorway.

His face had that Shit! look that it always had when he got caught doing something he wasn't supposed to do, which was fairly often in his case.

Steele smirked, and the guy that was with him turned around to see who it was. Steele was struck speechless when he saw that it was that damn Blade's brother. From the way his eyes narrowed, it seemed that the guy remembered him from their little meeting earlier.

He turned his attention back to Cliffe. "What are you doing not at school?"

"I got bored again."

"You know, if you always skip school, you're going to end up in the streets with nothing to eat."

"Whatever," He just waved him off with a sigh.

"Who's the guy?" Steele jabbed a finger in his direction. He well knew who it was, but he wanted to know how Cliffe had ended up knowing him.

"Melody's friend's brother." Ahhh... Melody was as annoying as Cliffe was, but, unlike Cliffe, Steele could ignore her all he wanted.

"Well then, Since I'm your guardian, I have the right to interrogate whoever you are friends with, Right?"

"Uh..." Cliffe was looking confused for a second. Steele smiled inwardly. He didn't care about him being Cliffe's friend, but he might as well find out more about him while he was there.

Blade's brother raised his eyebrow, but didn't look too surprised, otherwise.He turned around to face him and watched him for a second.

"First of all, What's your name?" It was obvious that they both knew he knew what his name was, but he answered anyways.

"Vail."

"Are you involved in any drugs, alcohol, or any illegal trading of any kind?'

"Dude!" Cliffe obviously wasn't very happy about his new friend being asked about this stuff. However, after Vail didn't answer, he swiveled around to look at Vail.

"Why aren't you answering, man?" He seemed a little nervous now. "Say something."

Vail took a deep breath. "Let's say that right now I'm not directly involved in... things."

"There," Cliffe looked happy now. "Did you hear him? Now go leave."

Steele heaved a large sigh and stood up. "That wasn't a real answer, but I'll let you off for now. See ya."

They were left staring after him as he walked out on them. Steele smiled as his closed the door. Maybe this kid could be some fun after all.