Chapter 15-Date?

Blade POV

He lounged on the couch with a beer. It was great having freedom not behind bars. He turned on the TV and turned it to the football game.

He hadn't watched a game since he'd left. He was just relaxing when the bedroom door opened, and Vail walked out.

"Hey, man."

Vail greeted him before walking into the kitchen.

Blade sighed. It was morning now, and he could bet that the girls were going to be up real soon. He loved his daughter, but she was a very loud type of person.

He was about to get up when he saw Vail's phone light up. He couldn't help it. He wanted to know what Vail had been up to since his last visit.

He picked up the phone and answered it without saying anything. 

"Hey, Vail. Are you there?"

"Who's this?" He questioned the man on the other end of the line.

"Oh... um... I'm Vail's...boyfriend?"

It sounded like a question to him.

"Are you asking me or telling me?"

"Uh...telling?"

Blade let out a breath. It was another question.

"Can you get Vail real quick?"

"Sure, sure."

He got up only to be surprised when he saw Vail standing right in the doorway, watching his conversation.

He handed it over to him, and Vail took it from him quickly.

"What, Cliffe?" His tone was brisk, if not unhappy.

He heard some muffled conversation before Vail said, "Sure, tonight then."

He ended the call and looked over at Blade.

"So...you still a fag?"

The way he said it so casually would have been insulting to any other homosexual, but they had always called gays, fags. It was like that when Vail knew he was bi, and it was like that when Blade found him with another guy.

It wasn't a derogatory term for them. Vail scowled at him.

"Can't really change my sexual preference."

"Eh, one can hope." Blade waved him off and smiled at him to show he was joking. "So... then you have a date tonight?"

"Yeah,"

Blade snickered and said, "I'm surprised you are actually having a real date. I thought you were the kind of guy that fucked and ducked."

"Eh," Vail shrugged. "It's just an experiment."

Blade raised an eyebrow. Now, that sounded more like him. "Does this Cliffe know it's an experiment?"

Vail scoffed. "Why does he have to know?"

He walked off into the kitchen without another word. Blade sighed and turned back to his game. That was Vail. He couldn't care less for the other person's feelings. He only noticed what he wanted to see.

Vail POV

He grabbed his keys and his jacket before heading for the door. He almost made it, too.

"Where're you going?"

It was Blade. Fuck.

"Uh, my date, remember?"

He hadn't wanted him to know he was dating anyone in the first place. He rather not have him looking into his business.

Blade nodded and gestured towards the door. "Then have a good time."

He scowled at him. He didn't need his permission to go anywhere. He slammed the door and went out to his motorcycle.

It seemed that, again, luck was completely against him. Leaning against his bike like he owned it was Lucien, and he didn't look happy.

"Move it, Lucien." Hhis voice came out as more of a growl than a command.

Lucien's frown tugged down even farther. "What's this I heard about you and a certain boy by the name of Cliffe?"

"I don't think that you heard anything except your own douchy remarks."

"Ouch," he made a face. "That hurts, Vail. That really hurts."

"What are you doing here?"

He was impatient now. He was late already, and this moron was making him even later.

Lucien strode over to him and grabbed him by the hips. He pulled him closer and leaned in, so close his breath felt hot on Vail's cheek.

"I thought I told you. You're mine. You can't see anyone else."

Vail brought his arms up to push him away, but Lucien growled and grabbed a handful of his hair. He stopped himself from flinching from his harsh tug.

"You. Are. Mine."

Vail gathered all his strength and pushed hard on his chest. Lucien stumbled back a few steps. He looked surprised. Vail glared at him and seethed.

"I don't belong to anyone. Maybe if you got over this obsession you have with a ONE-TIME fling I had with you, then you would be able to see what is in front of your eyes."

He stomped over to his bike, leaving behind an angry and bewildered man.