Chapter 8-Gang Fight

Lucian POV

He watched the scene unfolding before him with glee. Steele was hiding behind some of his 'cargo' boxes, and most of his men were already out. This would be an easy win. He'd found out that Steele had let most of his men out for the night, so he'd taken the opportunity to strike out at him.

He would protect his precious Vail with his life if need be. Lucien noticed that Steele was calling someone, and it seemed like he was trying to hold out until back up could reach them. Lucien curled his lips into one of an almost feral grin. There was going to be no help for him. He'd taken the liberty to make sure that the road that lead to the warehouse that they were currently fighting in was blocked off with guards.

He'd kill Steele himself if he was forced to. Some of the guys were involved in a brawl at that moment with guns being shot around them. They were incredibly stupid. He grabbed his gun and shot at the entire group of brawlers, and they instantly sprang apart. One of them was on the ground, motionless. When Lucien looked closer, he noticed that it was one of his own men. Oh well. It was that guy's fault for being so loud.

He was about to take aim at Steele when a shot rang right next to his ear. The bullet crashed in front of the crate that he was crouching behind. Lucien spun around to find a group of men standing a couple of feet behind. One of them still had the guy that was pointing at him.

"Fuck." He cursed underneath his breath. Steele had managed to get some back up to come. What the hell had appened to the rest of his men that were blocking the road.

The next time that he saw them, they were going to get shot. He raised his assault rifle to shooting height and looked through the scope. All in all, there were almost a dozen replacements, and all of them had guns by their sides. He spotted a movement to the right of them when something shined.

It was a ring. Lucien smiled. It was Darcy, his right hand man. He'd be able to take out those nuisances in an instant. True to his thoughts, a glint shone and one of the men in the back fell down with a loud cry. The guy who had shot at Lucien swiveled around, and Lucien took the moment to take aim at him. He had just put his hand on the trigger when a voice sounded out acroos the alley.

"What the fuck is going on?!" It wasn't a particularly noticable voice except for the fact that the guy he was about to shoot at and Steele both looked over at the same time he did. It was Vail, and he looked furious.

Vail was standing underneath a post lamp, and he did not look like a happy, jolly person to Lucien. Most of the other guys did not stop beating each other up, so Vail decided that he wasn't going to listen to this and grabbed an assault rifle.

Then he started shooting randomly at people, at the floor, at the sky, and everywhere else. That shut everybody when a gun started firing everywhere. Lucien was pretty sure that at least 5 people were dead by then as well.

Vail was a pretty good shot. When everybody was quiet, he started yelling.

"Are you all idiots?! I bet you are! Every single one of you are fucking morons!"

He pointed at Lucien. "I tell you to stop fucking killing every damn piece of shit that you fucking see, and what do you do?! You do it again!"

He twisted around and pointed at Steele. "You are a fucktard because I don't give a shit about you, but you involved your stupid cousin to help you!'

After that, he glared at the guy that Lucien was about to shoot. "Speaking of the stupid cousin, why the hell would you fucking help this dipshit of your cousin?! You aren't even good at shooting shit! If I hadn't stopped Lucien from shooting you, you'd be dead on the floor right now!"

The guy that he was addressing looking positively confused, and Lucien was pretty sure that he had a confused look on his face as well. Vail turned back to Lucien and scowled. 

"You! Get yourself and Darcy right over here!" Lucien sighed and glared over at Steele. It was too bad that his precious Vail had to go and stop him from shooting the hell out of everybody there. He grunted and stood up. Darcy also came out from his spot behind the group that was still quiet.

It seemed like everyone was holding their breath, waiting for something to happen. Like they were eaiting for Steele or his cousin to do something to him or Darcy. They both reached Vail, and he grabbed their arms before turning around and addressing his gang.

"You will get them back tomorrow." He sounded calm now, but he couldn't tell. It might just be all a facade.

He walked over to his car that was just down the street. The both of them meekly entered the backseat and waited quietly as Vail zoomed through the streets. They both knew not to mess with Vail when he was angry.

When they were younger, they were all a very close trio in one of the strongest gangs. Now, Lucien was leader, Darcy second-in-command, and Vail had pulled himself from both of them.

They reached Blade's apartment, taking half as long as it would usually take for a average person going the legal speed limit. Vail stormed out of the car and shoved the door open rudely for them. He closed the door and was ushering them to his room when a little girl came out from the living room. Because Lucien knew his precious so well, he knew that it was Echo, his bitchy little niece.

"Who the hell are these dorks?" Her hand was cocked on her waist as she stared demeaningly at the two gangsters.

"None of your fucking business, so stay the fuck away from me for now." He growled back at her.

After that, he locked them in his bedroom and glared at both of them for a second before barking out, "Tell me just what the hell you two fuckheads thought you were doing!"

Darcy glanced at Luien for a second. It wasn't enough to be interpreted as something, but they both knew him well enough to know just what that glance meant. Lucien huffed out a sigh and smiled at Vail.

"Now, Vail. It was just a minor dispute with some other gangsters. Nothing to worry about." His face was the epitome of calm.

Vail, however, did not seem calm.Lucien's rage was slowly gaining inside, but he was trying to hold it in for his precious Vail.

"that's not an excuse!"

That was enough to send Lucien over the edge.

"Okay, shut up! What does it matter to you anyways?! I was just trying to help you becuase you were fucking angry at that damn Steele!"

"Well, I didn't ask you to help me did I?!"

"No, because you're too stubborn to ask for help!"

"Well, next time don't bother to help me!"

Lucien plopped downon his bed suddenly and frowned at Vail. His voice was once again calm and soothing. "Now, Vail. You want my help, and I am going to give it to you whether you want it or not."

Vail was staring unhappy with him, but he stormed out and yelled behind him. "Stay there!"

A few minutes later, he came with a tray with a bag of chips, three sodas, and a bowl of popcorn. He pouted at Lucien and sat down next to Darcy.

"I'm watching a movie, and you're going to like it."

Lucien hid his smile. Movies and snacks always meant that they were forgiven. This had happened many a time in the past, but he'd always forgiven them. This time was no different.

The three of them got comfortable and spent a night watching bloody, horror movies and laughing at the horrible killing styles they had. It was just a regular night for three friends.