💉 p r e f a c e

"I want nothing."

"Nothing at all?" I question him again, hoping he'd give me an answer I was wanting to hear from him.

I waited and continued so forth. Eventually he rests his head against my chest. Almost feeling a sense of embarrassment because my heart was beating out of control. Like a teenager around his crush.

"I want...it doesn't matter what I want."

"Of course it does. I care about what you want."

"Why is that?" Achille questioned this time and I shook my head.

"Before I answer your question, you must answer mine."

Achille chuckles softly and I watch him look up at me. His eyes piercing into mine and I immediately fell under a spell.

"I want you to stay human. Not to become like me, to be happy, and to at the same time...never..." Achille drifted off, eyes closing as he suddenly removed his arm from my neck. Pushing at my chest to let him go and I didn't want to anger him so I let go.

I didn't know why Achille stopped telling me what he was saying. His last words are what I want to hear the most. What was he going to say, I want to know...

"Achille?"

"Yes?"

"Why'd you stop?" I walk in front of him and he is avoiding my eye contact again.

I hate when he does this.

Gets quiet and reserved. Pulls away right when he gets to the good parts. Runs away from me almost and I wish he didn't do that. It's gotten better from when I first met him though.

In the beginning it was impossible to get him to have just one normal conversation with me. So I'd like to say that we've gotten pretty far.

"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his cheek. Tilting his head up to look at me.

"Please let me know what it was." I beg him pathetically. He begins to chew his lip and that's when I knew he was nervous. Nervous about what? I'm not exactly sure.

"With everything I said...I was going to say at the same time...never...leave me." He confessed painfully almost. That's when I lost all sense of control and pressed my lips onto his.

Kissing him with all my strength and all the built up desire that's accumulated. I continued to kiss him until at some point my tongue made it's way into his mouth. Tasting a sweet flavor that I've never encountered.

As I got deeper in the kissing I feel myself fly back into a tree. Slammed against it that I felt myself lose my breath.

Trying to catch it, I look up at Achille. His eyes were now a crimson red that intrigued me. He shook his head and suddenly he was gone in a blur. Confused, I stood as I had to pop my back from the hard hit into the tree.

Looking in the direction Achille ran off, I knew I couldn't see him because it'd be a blur. Always thought it was fascinating how when he runs you can't see it. Being a vampire must be...fascinating. Yet he makes it out to be hell.

I can't understand that kind of complicity of being a vampire and the issues. I get it, they drink blood. Though there's multiple things beside humans that offer blood!

He acts like it's so horrific. I would love to know what it felt like for a day. Just one day...