💉11

Achille

Sitting up in the bed, I look down at Darius. I saw he was still asleep and that was understandable since it was only seven in the morning in France. Over in America it was twelve AM since France is seven hours ahead.

I never sleep, but it's quite relaxing watching Darius sleep so soundly.

Getting out of the bed I decided I wanted to visit my siblings graves. My father was buried alongside them so that was a plus. I knew Darius would be asleep for a while so I got dressed and was ready to head out.

Before I did so I opened the blinds, going to Darius and I felt paternal instincts kicking in. I tucked him in some more as a grin came onto my lips. Then stepping away I leave the room. Hoping once he wakes up he'll message me since my phone is on hand with me.

I end up going out the back way of the hotel, pulling my hood over my head. Looking around first before I make my way there I run.

The speed I am capable of still frightening considering no one can see me. Can run past all these people and they'll have no idea. Reminds me that I'm a monster that is capable of taking them down one by one.

Yet this power only makes me want to protect humans even more. I was once a human too. Just because they're inferior to me doesn't mean that I just attack them. I'm not Sabin...

Suddenly stopping, I stare down at my family members graves. Staring intently I see their names on the stone slabs. Reminding me that this is real.

I go down on my knees on the grass, sitting on my legs as I run my fingers over my little sisters name. Then I reach over and grab a dandelion near by, resting it on his grave.

Closing my eyes I listen to the sounds of a nearby chirp of a bird. The rising sun hitting my back, but the cool breeze was relaxing to me.

"Camille, Louis...father... Do I seem a little different to you? It's been a while since I've visited...sorry about that. As you can see it's summer. The last time we were all together as a family...it was winter.

"Remember when it was fall and father you made us all rake leaves. Boring at first - seemed like a punishment! Until you came out holding cups of hot tea. Delicious along with sugar cubes on the side. Sat in the leaves and drank some tea."

I swallow my tears, trying my best to stay positive.

"Remember Louis how I never ate any food? Just stuck with the classic blood packs? Well, I'm eating now - delicious meals that I'm eating to be exact. It's the guy named Darius who blesses me with his amazing dishes - I make sure to tell him he doesn't have to but insists.

"Also, his story is similar to mine. My first human friend outside of the family. Super kind and very attractive... Father, I hope you aren't disappointed in the person I have come to liking, since it is a man. Knowing you, you would probably want to hug him and feed him some soup à l'oignon. I actually made some with him and it was amazing. Cognac...that tops it all off, no wonder you love it so much."

I sigh, smiling as I feel it begin to drop.

"I'm talking a lot, I know - isn't it unusual? All the stuff I've come to do - like going on a plane to come here with Darius... I'm doing human things...as if I'm still human. Thinking about it now, I'm shocked. Even though I said I'd never be happy without you guys, I'm becoming so...happy. Laughing like a human, eating like a human..."

I rest my fingers on my lips, thinking about how lovely it feels to be kiss Darius," Kissing like a human - showing affection."

He can tell me his background and soon smile. Chuckling as if it never happened, just looking forward. I can only imagine all the pain that he's suffered...