💉10

"This is where you used to live?"

I see Achille nod slowly, staring at the house with a saddened expression. Didn't like seeing him in such a way of being...so sad and hurt that this where he once lived.

His family was here - was once a child! Now he's stuck in the constant life of being...

"What's your story?"

Achille looked up at me, his eyes softening as he looked back at his house. I began to wonder if it was appropriate to ask based on how long it took for him to respond.

"I had a father named Thomas Donnadieu and two siblings. Sister and brother named Camille, Louis... Around the time it all went sour was around a winter. They were cold and my father was ill. So I had to provide for my family. Worked job-to-job and loved knowing I was helping my family in the process. Then there was a night where I wanted to make them the onion soup you'd call it...

"I was looking forward to making it, but on that night my father warned me these words. 'Il faut se méfier...le rouge...'. That means 'beware the red,' yet at the time I didn't think anything of it. Going out to get some meat I met with the butchers daughter. Paying her and when I walked home, I bumped into a man. Who would soon turn me into what I am today... Sabin was his name..."

Achille closed his eyes, shaking his head as he turned away from his old home. Almost like he was avoiding to look at what his past life once was. This place was where he was last human, yet also the place where his father died.

"I won't say I can relate with you, because I can't. This was once your home and you were last human here. Here is where you almost lost it all-."

"I did lose it all!" He cried, looking at me now and his eyes were wild with anger. I watch him point at his house in so much frustration." I was happy... Taking care of my family and knowing they were okay under my care. Then I have to lose it all, in one day. My father killed in front of me and I was able to do nothing! I woke up and my sister is sick. She passes away at eighteen years old and my siblings knew what I was.

"Louis was all I had left. I took care of him as much as possible until he died. Leaving me on this monstrosity of a place called Earth. I should be dead with him...but I'm cursed this fate." He cries, throwing his hands to his face and I see whole other side of him.

He was truly distraught over this and who wouldn't be. The only people in your family that you had are all gone. You're the only one left and you become isolated...alone.

Going towards him, I was tempted to wrap my arms around him and hug him. Except I stepped back from doing such a thing. Didn't want to stop him from his time of recounting memories. It's always best to cry and I don't want to get in the middle of that, I guess.

"You lost everything..."

Achille looks up at me, wiping away his tears and frowning.

"You were once human until a man came up and took that away from you. Took away everything you called dear and now what? Sabin can just...rot in hell." I say, Achille chuckling as he faced his house now.

"Yeah...he should... Unfortunately he can never die unless someone kills him. The way to kill a vampire is so...difficult because they're practically impossible to break or hurt. I almost killed him once...until some person intervened."

I raise my eyebrow, nodding at his words.

"From here, I walked to the city center." He began walking, causing me to follow as he seemed to be re-enacting what he did all those years ago." It was cold that night but I was simply thinking about my siblings. I went to a butchers shop who had a daughter named Corentine.