💉30

I stood before Cassian, Aesop, and Darius... Them all sitting in the sofa that Darius and I once used to sit in. He kept his eyes glued onto me, but it wasn't in a good way. He was glaring at me...he truly looking like he hated me.

"This is too much..." I croak in embarrassment, shaking my head as Cassian stood.

"Let me explain. It may be...best if we go somewhere else." He says to me, and when he stood Darius grabbed his hand. My eyes not missing such a thing as he looked at Cassian in concern.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He questioned, and Cassian shook his head no. "I don't trust you with him, he may hurt you again-."

"Darius!" I exclaim painfully, and he glared at me. He stood up as he walked towards me, pointing at my face.

"If you hurt him...remember what I said earlier. You hear me-?"

"Darius please...you can't be serious." I beg as I tried grabbing his hands, only for him to slap them away. He moved back beside Aesop and I looked at Cassian.

That's when we walked into the dining room and sat at the table. I had to bring a box of tissues with me because I couldn't handle this. This was too much.

I had no words as Cassian just looked at me painfully, as if he felt bad. Mocking me to the point that I questioned who was even sincere!

"That day...you saw Darius he murdered before your eyes...yes?" He questioned, and I nod. "Yes, I thought he was dead too. Except suddenly you started screaming and passed out probably from shock, so we left you there. But my father insisted that we take Darius with us. We didn't know why he'd do such a thing...bring a dead body.

"But we soon discovered that Darius wasn't dead, he was being turned into a vampire. We asked my dad if he did it, he said no. Then we asked if you could've done it - and he said no. He didn't ever say who bit him and it still confuses me...but it was a few days ago that Darius woke up as one of us. He was afraid and thought my dad did it, but my dad said he didn't do it. Darius wanted to go back to you...he really did. Except my father said if he went back - he'd kill you this time."

I took a deep breath as I looked away from Cassian. I didn't like looking at him for too long, especially as he recounted memories that were painful to hear.

"Darius didn't want you to get hurt...he really didn't. But he said he would rather die than not be able to be with you and your guys' daughter. My father was not going to kill him, he said he had changed his mind. That he would give you a chance. That he would clear Darius' mind of you completely and erase his memories up until this point. So...he did such a thing and cast a spell onto him to love my brother and me. Like what he did to Oscar...except this one can be broken. If you can...win his heart again and remind of old memories in under a year - he's yours again."

I gasp as I found myself standing, but Cassian stood with me as he grabbed my arm. When I yank my arm away he shook his head.

"If you don't remind him of everything in a year, starting today - his memories will be lost forever."

"You said his memories were erased." I remind, making Cassian sigh.

"They were...in a way. They were just blocked. You can resurface them and if you can win him back, he's your Darius again. If you don't do that in a year - he's ours." Cassian said quietly at the end, and I found my eyes widening at him.

He looked away from me as I saw his eyes begin to turn red orange, looking away from me.

"You like him?"

"He's a really nice guy. Even though my dad cast a spell on him and did all those things, you can't help but fall for him. I mean...you have a year." He chuckled, and that's when I saw Cassian's true colors now.