Not Over

When we all reached my house we went to the studio and got working. Blowing up air matresses, brining up real ones. That was hardest.

Everybody slept in the studio upstairs, but I chose to stay downstairs in my moms room.

"Please come." Prodigy begged.

"Nooo..."

"You can't hide from my parents forever. If you really wanted us to work you'd face that."

I've heard that Prodigy always falls for girls who don't want him. He get's hurt a lot, but Roc has told me "he's used to rejection."

I felt guilty inside watching him climb the stairs in my room. I sighed and went to my Moms. I tossed and turned for an hour, I felt like the bed was too hard, then too soft. There was no winning. I let out a sigh of defeat and made my way to the third floor/studio. Almost everyone was asleep. Prodigy, Jojo, and Mamma Wanda were still awake.

Everyone else was knocked out! They all sat on a blowup matress in the very back, right against the dance mirror. I was going to just lay with Roc, but Prodigy saw me and smiled so I felt like I had to go to there corner.

"Hi. I whispered.

"Hey." They whispered back.

Mamma Wanda fake yawned. "I'm kind of tired. Come on Jojo."

"No ma. You guys stay here."

Prodigy and I walked to the opposite corner of the room. I was so scared of waking someone up that I walked EXTRA slow. We both leaned against the wall looking at each other.

"You saying we're not over?" Prodigy asked me.

"Of course not!" I whispered.

He tried his best to whisper,failing. "Can we go somewhere we can REALLY talk?"

I started walking to my little recording studio and he followed close behind. We sat on the floor under the desk and i turned the flashlight of my phone on.

"Soo..." I said.

"Sooo..."

"Prodigy, why do you wanna be with me?"

"Why do you wanna be with me?"

"Im serious."

"Im seriouser."

We both laughed, not having to fear anyone hearing us. An awkward silence formed and we sat closer together.

"You don't understand how I feel about you!" Prodigy said out of frustration. "I think about you all the time, constantly. I always wanna be with you and I just... I don't want you to hurt me Layna."

I had to think of the right response.

"I can't promise I won't hurt you, but I can promise if I do I'll make it up to you. I'm young and I make mistakes. I'm not perfect Prodigy."

"You are to me."

He leaned closer to me and kissed me for the 2nd time in one day. He tightened his grip around my back, pulling me closer. I wasn't thinking about anything. Nothing was bothering me. My mind went numb.

This is love.