Sharing Worlds

He followed me up the stairs and through the large blue door. I opened it revealing my world. I pointed to a large area with a wall mirror.

"My dance studio."

Then I pointed to a small booth with a single screen in front.

"My mini recording studio. I take chorus and I practice a lot. I spend most, if not all my time up here."

"Its your own world." He said looking around.

"I guess its our world now."

He smiled and we sat in the middle of the dance area.

"So how would you feel if I was your brother?"

"I'd be happy."

I said looking down at my hands.

"Why is that"?

"I've wanted you to be my brother for about 2 years now. I've just always wanted a brother. It seems like you and I have so much in common that I had faith this could end well."

"Are you an only child"?

"Technically..."

"Huh?"

"Before I was adopted I had a 6 year old sister. She got adopted and I didn't. They wanted a young child. I was 12 at the time. A difficult age to be adopted."

"Oh. Where is she now?"

"I have no idea, but they were good people...just picky people. I know she's happy where ever she is."

This was a topic I didn't like discussing so I let Roc mumble on about life in the spotlight.

"Would you mind in the guys and I practiced here?"

"Nope...but when I want my time I want my time."

"You have a deal." He paused for a second and then added "sister"

I jumped up and ran all the way back to the living room.

"Mom! Mom! He wants to stay! He's ganna stay! He's ganna live with us!" I yelled making my way down the stairs.

She held her arms open and I jumped onto her, my legs around her waist.

"I have a brother!" I cheered.

"I have a son." She Said, tears in her eyes.

Roc came and we had a big group hug for like 10 minutes. I don't have to be alone anymore!

My moms phone rang. "Hello? Yes. Okay. I'll be right there."

"What's wrong mom?" I asked.

"It's Lia. She's having trouble breathing again."

"Okay. Bye ma."

She kissed our cheeks, apologized to Roc and left.

"What was that about?" He asked.

"Lia is a dog that was rejected by her mother. She's the runt of the litter. My mom gets 911 calls about her all the time. Er...OUR mom."

We made our way to the kitchen and after I put the burgers in the microwave for a few seconds and we scarfed them. Nothing tastes better than a burger at 9:30 am on a saturday. Roc stepped out to call his adoption agent and I called mom.

"Roc wants to know if the boys can come over for a little while to practice upstairs."

"Ugh I don't know if I like that."

"Please ma! Pretty please with cherries on top!"

"Okay Lay. I want them out by 3."

"Fine. Thank you thank you thank you! I love you."

"Yeah yeah, love you too." She said with a laugh."

I hung up and looked out the window. Roc was pacing outside, deep in conversation. I figured he'd still be talking for a while. I put Bella in her cage so she wouldn't get into trouble before going up up stairs to clean.

I wiped the mirrors with Windex even though I didn't need to. I swept the floor and when I put the "dirt" into the dust pan almost nothing was being swept up. Okay so I keep this place clean all the time yes. But I clean when I'm nervous. Princeton coming to my house!? Yes I'm nervous! I'm scared about Ray and Prodigy too. All of them are my inspirations.

You find out your role models are coming to chill at your house and tell me you didn't clean the place spotless! Impress me.