Reunited

We sat nervously waiting to see two braids, an afro, or shiny earrings in the crown of people coming out of the "gate." I first saw Ray. I watched as his mom made her way to him and they hugged. I saw Roc and took off!

He lifted me and spun me around how he did last time.

"Happy belated birthday sis!"

"Thanks."

"Hey Roc." My mom said joining the hug. I backed out so my mom could have her own hug too and he taped my shoulder.

"Princeton!" I squeezed him never wanting to let go.

"Hi princess. Want your present now?"

"No! It can wait!"

"Aww."

"Fine give me it."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me. It was sweet, not the kind of kiss that would upset our moms. It pissed off Roc though!

"Hello!" He pulled me away and he put his arms around my waist as we went to get his luggage.

"A belly ring huh?" He questioned.

"Mhm..."

"I got my eye on you."

"I know." I gave him a squeeze and smiled.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Roc will never hurt me. He is my protector. I slung his backpack over my shoulder.

"Damn boy. Whatchu got in her bricks!?"

"Nope. Gifts."

My mom and I got excited like little kids Christmas morning. We all gathered in the parking lot. Now we are going to dinner.

"Mami. Can she ride with us?" Princeton asked.

Ray interrupted "Heck no! she's ganna ride with me duh."

"I guess so." His mom said.

"Can I?" I asked my mom.

"Yeah."

Roc gave me the "I got my eyes on you" signal before getting into the car.

Princeton held the door to his moms car open for me.

"How sweet." I said mockingly.

His mom was really nice and didn't make me feel awkward or anything. For almost the whole ride she had her Bluetooth in her ear so Princeton and I carried on our own personal convo. He talked about all the foods he tried and he asked if he could touch my bellyring. I told him yes.

When his cold fingers touched my piercing I winced.

"It's still adapting."

"Oh sorry."

"It's okay...I missed you."

"Not as much as I've missed you though."

He pecked my lips and then played with my fingers. We kept making eye contact and smiling. Everything about him drives me insane. The look on his face when he's focusing, the way he turns red and messes with his hair when he's nervous.

"Have your eyes always been grayish green?" He asked surprised.

"Mhm."

I looked into his perfectly almond shaped brown eyes and smiled. This dinner will be fine as long as I get to be near him. Getting out of the car Roc instantly came to claim me. It's so cute how he does that. He put his arm around my neck and Prince and Ray walked together. Our moms in front of us.

Reservation under "Brooks" my mom said to the tall lady behind the counter.

"Right this way." She told us.