𝟏𝟕; unity day

Unity Day;

          "𝐌y friends, this is a historic Unity Day," Chancellor Jaha speaks from the other side of the screen. Clove stands next to Raven, calmly watching as the chancellor holds this year's speech. "Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this time it is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground."

Applauds sounds on the Ark.

"Right. After we did all the work. Someone shut him up."

She peers over at the boy, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"You shut up, Miller," Raven retorts, "no one's forcing you to watch."

Clove shakes her head, shifting to glance over her shoulder.

As her eyes sweep over the crowds of teenagers, she sees Finn watching from a distance. It doesn't take long before she decides to approach him, immediately noticing the frown he's wearing.

"Don't tell me you don't like Unity Day," she smirks, coming to stand by his side.

"Unity Day is a lie," he replies. As she gives him a puzzled look, he decides to continue. "The Ark only came together after the thirteenth station was blown out of the sky. Just not the version of history we like to tell each other at parties."

She shakes her head, a faint smile dancing on her lips. "The Unity Day story gives people hope, though, and peace came out of that violence."

He doesn't look the tiniest bit convinced as he looks down at her, "yeah, but did there need to be violence at all?"

The blonde is unsure if there's a double meaning behind his words.

"Maybe without it, we wouldn't have united at all."

He seems to catch the meaning behind her words; before the grounders, the camp was mostly divided into two parts. However, now they're working together to defeat the very same enemy.

"Whoo! Yeah!"

She turns towards the commotion as Jasper emerges into the crowd, a huge container in his hands. "Monty strikes again!" he shouts enthusiastically. "Call this batch unity juice! Who's thirsty?"

A large crowd forms in the middle, everyone eager to get a taste of the alcohol. Clove finds herself looking back at the screen seeing that she has no intention of drinking.