𝟏𝟒; poison

Poison; 

          𝐓he peaceful sky had soon developed into a mash of high winds and smattering of rain. It's no doubt the worst storm she has ever known of. 

Not that she has experienced any storms before; living it through her own eyes and reading it in a fiction book are two very different things.

Especially since sitting calmly at home underneath a bunch of cozy blankets, face buried in a couple of off-white pages doesn't come with the same package of emotions. The kind of fear and concern created by the intense wind outside the dropship. 

The wind isn't howling. 

It's screaming.

The rain isn't falling, it's driving; hard, merciless, and torrential.

And the trees. The huge, swaying plants that had caught her attention the day she arrived on this planet. She can only imagine how they're creaking, bending, and crying out in pain as the limbs are torn off of them one by one, leaves creating a floor of torn confetti beneath them. 

The dropship is therefore packed with people, no one wanting to be out in the extremely rough weather.

"This is Raven Reyes calling Ark Station. Please come in."

Clove's attention goes back to Raven as she attempts to contact the Ark for the seemingly umpteenth time. They're striving to earn any kind of communication with them, desperate to save Finn. 

At the thought of the boy, she focuses her eyes on him. 

He's laying on top of a metal table. His shirt is long gone, exposing even more of the critical wound. The knife is still resting painfully in his chest, and it heaves up and down as he takes limited breaths.

She can't help but notice how vulnerable he looks. Even unconscious, the pain is written all over him. Sweat is covering him like a second layer of skin, creating a glistening surface. He's clearly both pale and weak, urging them to hurry up and save him before it's too late.

"Can anyone hear me?" Raven pleads into the headset.

"Sure you have the right frequency?" someone questions, which only adds fuel to the brunette's fire.

"Yeah, I'm sure," she snaps. 

"Raven," the blonde speaks softly, instantly earning the girl's attention. "You can do this, I know you can. Just stay calm, alright?" she proceeds, noting how Raven's demeanor somewhat relaxes at her words.