𝟎𝟔; slay your demons

Slay Your Demons;

          𝐓he trip is one Clove figures she has desired for a while. Surely, she'd gone on a trip to find Jasper, but it feels nice to not have the constant adrenaline running through her veins.

Now, she has the chance to lightly converse with Charlotte and see the woods in greater detail, all at once.

For instance, she hadn't noticed the melodic bird chattering ringing through the trees, nor how the treetops disguise the majority of the sky and remain only a few fragments of blue. 

She can't help but think of it as an impossible jigsaw puzzle, like the ones she used to play when she was younger. Her mother would continually have to help her solve it, but the six-year-old didn't mind that at all. She loved the time she spent with her parents.

She can't help but wonder if they're as concerned about her well-being as she is of theirs. The guard had told her that they would be alright as long as she cooperated and joined the dropship, but can she truly believe him? How can she be positive that her parents aren't already dead and her trip to Earth is for nothing?

She shakes her head and lets out a deep breath, knowing she won't get anywhere with those thoughts in mind.

Time seems to go by quicker as something is swiftly thrown in their direction, almost heading for their precious fate. She doesn't get the chance to react in any certain way before the weapon plunges itself into the tree next to their skulls, threateningly wiggling back and forth as a result of the force of the throw.

The girl curses silently at herself for zoning out like she did, not noticing the weapon until it could've been plunged into one of their heads instead of the tree bark.

"Clove?" The mentioned rips her gaze off of the unfortunate tree and onto the man in front of her. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Bellamy steps towards her, but halts the moment Charlotte comes into view, "who the hell are you?"

The young brunette looks unsure as she answers, "Charlotte."

"I almost killed you both," he continues, mostly glancing over at Clove as if wanting an explanation from the older of the two. "Why aren't you back at camp?"

"With that guy who was dying, I just couldn't listen anymore," Charlotte replies before she has the chance to even open her mouth an inch.

She never got to know the reason why Charlotte wanted to leave camp in the first place, so this is news to all of them.