𝟏𝟔; the truth

The Truth;

          𝐓he walk back to camp had been extremely cold. 

She'd practically buried herself in the blankets they brought back, but it didn't do anything to prevent her soaked clothes from touching her skin.

As soon as they entered the gate, she hurried to the dropship to find some spare clothes. Luckily, she spotted a dark tank top and a pair of military green combat pants in the far corner, gladly changing into them before anyone could enter.

"Bellamy, it's time," she calls, carefully watching as the man covers his sister with one of the orange blankets. He gives her a quick nod in acknowledgment before turning back to Octavia.

Before she disappeared to the dropship earlier, she'd handed Bellamy one of the blankets and told him to go talk to his sister. She elaborated by telling him how ridiculous it is to be mad at the ones you love when death might appear the next moment.

Which reminded her to talk things out with Clarke the moment she gets the chance.

Patiently, she waits for him to approach her from where she's standing by the large tent. He gives her a firm nod right before entering, instantly noticing that the screen is already turned on.

Sparing Bellamy a glance, she sits down in one of the red seats and waits for the chancellor to appear.

"Mr. Blake."

Jaha pauses on the screen before them, eyes gradually moving from Clove to the man next to her. She doesn't fail to notice the way his gaze lingers on herself a little longer.

"I've wanted to talk to you for a while," Jaha proceeds.

The moment she senses Bellamy's uneasiness, she hesitantly grabs his hand under the table. It's a small gesture, but it seems to help him relax. He gives her a gentle squeeze, not once looking away from the screen.

"Before you do, uh..." the blonde speaks up, earning both of their attention. "I'd like to say something."

Jaha gives her an approving nod, wordlessly telling her to continue.

She spares Bellamy a glance, before focusing back on the screen.

"When you sent these people down here, you sent them to die, but miraculously, most are still alive," she nods along with her own words, one foot bouncing up and down as the nervousness grows.