𝟎𝟑; fair fight

Fair Fight;

          𝐓he next morning, Clove helped Wells move two dead bodies away from the dropship. The boys had loosened their straps on the way down, both being thrown into the wall by the staggering force of the landing.

She'd meant to help him bury them as well, but Wells insisted on her not being there as he did. He didn't want her to go through something like that. Whatever that involved, she didn't know.

"Nice shoes!"

She turns around and sees Charlotte walking in her direction, a wide smile smeared on her face. Her eyes continuously travel down to her feet, giggling as she takes in her current oversized footwear.

Whilst she had been helping Wells, he insisted that she should take the pair of combat shoes. Her old sneakers were quite ruined due to the rain yesterday, and he didn't want the girl to stroll around in a pair of worn and wet sneakers.

The thought of using a dead man's shoes isn't exactly pleasing, but they're much better than the ones she was wearing earlier. "They're exceptional, I know," she grins back.

Charlotte is about to speak up but stops halfway, ungraciously leaving her mouth hanging open instead. Her chocolate eyes fill with horror as they're glued to a spot behind the blonde. "What is he doing?"

She curiously turns her head to peer over her shoulder, green eyes widening at what she sees. Murphy is grabbing a girl by her hair and shoving her harshly towards a firepit, her constant pleads are even heard from where they're standing

Before she thinks twice, her legs are moving rapidly toward the scene. Her mind is telling her to let it be, but her limbs are showing otherwise.

The moment she's close enough, her hands immediately shoot up and demand Murphy away from the pleading girl. "What the hell, Murphy?!"

He was caught by surprise. There's no way she would've been able to push him away if he had seen it coming.

After recovering from the startled state, he leaps over and clutches the hem of her shirt in one swift motion. "The fuck do you think you're doing?"

The way he's grabbing onto her would've worried her a lot if it wasn't for the fierce blood pumping through her veins. "What am I doing? What are you doing?! She didn't want to come with you!"

This situation reminds her too much of the traumatic night back on the Ark.

Murphy growls down at the girl, gripping the fabric even tighter. "Oh, I'm gonna show you exactly what I'm doing."