𝟏𝟐; enemy territory

Enemy Territory;

          𝐓he chilly night breeze had finally gotten the best of Clove, forcing her into an empty tent. She'd wondered why she didn't get one the first night, as she was instantly attached to the heat inside the sheltering fabric.

Now, the blonde is comfortably situated in the very corner of the tent —figuring that was the warmest spot— underneath a couple of worn blankets.

Her fingers rake through the knotted locks as she gently attempts to brush out the untidiness of her blonde hair strands. She has always disliked her hair being messy. Even as a little girl, she would brush it several times a day.

Her focus snaps away from the impossible piece of hair as the flap suddenly darts open.

Bellamy crouches down in the opening of the tent, frantically searching the insides. His eyes are brightened by the flames of his torch as they eventually land on the girl.

The moment he realizes who's inside the tent, his tense demeanor subconsciously relaxes.

"Have you seen Octavia?"

Clove raises a brow, quietly shaking her head. She then gestures her arms to her nearly empty surroundings. "No?"

"She's gone, I can't find her," the man states, eyes once again wandering the insides of the small tent.

She opens her mouth to speak but her words fall short. She's been sheltered by these tent walls for a good couple of hours.

As she thinks about it, she didn't see the girl after they came back to camp either. Nor when they fired the flares.

"Okay," she sighs, involuntarily leaving the warmth of the blankets. The moment she flees the comfort of the bed, she carefully scoots closer to the man hunched down by the open flap. "Where have you looked?"

He spares her a worried glance, "I've checked the camp. She's not here."

She then bends under the opening of the tent, slowly moving outside and embracing the familiar chilliness of the night. "Outside the wall?"

He instantly nods at her, offering her another concerned look. "Clove, I've looked everywhere."

She bites her bottom lip, eyes roughly scanning her surroundings for any signs of the brunette.

Even though she's still somewhat upset with him and his previous actions, she can't help but conclude that he regrets what he did. Everyone makes mistakes, some more severe than others.