𝟎𝟗; one hell of a headstart

One Hell Of A Headstart;

          "𝐁ring out the girl, Bellamy!"

Murphy's agonizing voice sounds from outside the tent. Clove finds herself pacing around inside of it, hands raking through her loose, messy locks.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy pleads.

The blonde has an outrageously different view of the younger now. After she confessed to having murdered her best friend, Clove has barely been able to look in her direction.

Although, she should've seen it coming. The guilt smeared across her face earlier that day. The odd look she had been given Wells the other night, right before the blonde had decided to leave.

If she hadn't left him, he would still be alive and well, she's convinced of it.

"I was just trying to slay my demons. Like you told me."

She grunts at Charlotte's response. How could the girl have interpreted Bellamy's words that way? How does it even cross a twelve-year-old's mind to kill another human being?

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke inquires, casting Bellamy a serious look.

Clove's voice is stern as she throws her an urgent look, "that's not what he meant."

By now, she has subconsciously stopped pacing, but her hands are still entangled in her dirty-blonde hair.

"Bring the girl out, now!" Murphy shouts.

Desperation swirls in Charlotte's frightened eyes. "Please, Bellamy, Clove. Don't let them hurt me."

As much as she wants the younger to see the consequences of her actions, she knows better than to settle her in the hands of John Murphy.

She agrees with the fact that Charlotte requires a punishment. It's justice, after all. However, Murphy's furious, and for good reasons too, but he's nowhere near capable of making such a serious judgment.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up," Bellamy speaks, peering over at Clarke and Finn. The following silence is incredibly disturbing, only reminding them that they have no plan whatsoever. "Now you stay quiet."

"Those are your boys out there," Finn claims, gesturing towards the people outside of the dirty fabric.

"This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building that wall," he fights back.