𝟎𝟖; the death of a friend

The Death Of A Friend; 

          𝐂love hasn't seen Wells since last night.

She's been roaming around camp all morning, stopping every passing person and asking if they have seen her childhood friend. Thought, to no avail.

"Clarke!" she calls, hurrying over as she spots her blonde friend.

Clarke gives her an uptight smile in return, immediately gazing down at her bandage-wrapped abdomen, "how are you feeling?"

She returns the smile but doesn't waste any time answering. "Better," she speaks impatiently, intentionally keeping her reply short. "Have you seen Wells?"

Clarke frowns, "no, why?"

Sighing, she peers up at the unending sky. "Can't find him anywhere," she breathes out, her voice just as anxious as her expression. "It's like he's just... vanished into thin air."

"Where have you looked?" Clarke proceeds.

She gestures to the surrounding area, exhaling deeply through her nose. "Like, everywhere."

"Outside camp?"

She furrows her brows, "why would I look there?"

Clarke eyes her anxious friend carefully, "Wells was on watch last night-"

Her green eyes widen, brows shooting up in realization. "Of course," she breathes out, her face collapsing into relief. She mentally facepalms herself for not thinking of that sooner.

Before Clarke can reply, the blonde is already on her way toward the wall.

Another smile stretches across her face as she squeezes herself through an opening in the wooden wall, although it scrunches up in disappointment at finding nothing but emptiness.

"Wells?" she calls out, moving further onto the soft hill they had been sitting on last night.

The breath gets caught in her throat, her eyes draining down to where the hill ends and the terrain falls.

She feels a sudden rush of coldness all over. As if all the blood in her body just quit circulating.

It then appears like a thousand needles are ruthlessly thrown at her precious skin. All at once.

As much as she tries to hold it in, the pain comes out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a silent scream.

The drops of salted water start to fall one after another, without any signs of stopping. Yet, she doesn't feel them slapping against her frozen cheeks. The invisible needles have made her numb.