𝟎𝟎; orders

𝐀 𝐂 𝐓 ⎮ 𝟏

◈═◈═◈

chased away;

          𝐏owerful knocks are thrown at the metal door, sending looming howls through the almost empty room. 

Bellamy Blake turns around from his thoughtful self, hesitant as he moves over to unlock the door.

"Cadet Blake."

"It's Janitor Blake now, Lieutenant."

Lieutenant Shumway throws a smug glance at the floor, finger moving up to point at the shiny label attached to his dark vest. "Commander. A lot has changed in the past year. May I?" he gestures to the gaping door before letting himself into the room.

"You've got some nerve coming in here after pushing the button that floated my mother," Blake speaks lowly, not at all appreciating the new company.

"I was following orders."

"What the hell do you want from me?"

Shumway's gaze brushes the floor. "You're one hell of a guardsman, Bellamy, you know that? Smart, hardworking, resourceful."

"I wasn't a guardsman. That's what you said. I remember."

"You also said you'd do anything to protect your sister. I remember, too. I hope that's still true."

Bellamy's features falter, the constant protectiveness of his sister surfacing. "Is she okay?"

"What I'm about to tell you is classified," Shumway pauses, watching the man's eyes curiously dart between his own. "Chancellor Jaha has approved a mission to Earth. He's sending the juvenile prisoners to the ground. One hundred of them, your sister included."

"No, you can't. It's not safe," he protests wide-eyed. "You have to stop them."

The commander keeps his firm arms locked behind his back. "I wish I could. What I can do is get you a seat on that dropship."

Shumway waits until Bellamy peers back at him, interest swirling in his eyes. "You're right. It's doubtful those kids will survive, but if you're there, at least Octavia won't be alone."

"What do I have to do?" he immediately pushes.

A gun is drawn from the commander's uniform, his steady hand clutching the black weapon as he moves it toward Bellamy. 

"Kill the Chancellor."

Before he has the time to respond, another sturdy knock shakes the tension. 

"Commander?"

The door opens on its own, and a redheaded guardsman cautiously emerges into the room. "You requested my service."

"You're early... But, yes." Shumway sends Blake a careful look before proceeding across the room. His voice lowers. A folded piece of paper is discretely transferred between the two men. "This is the girl you are to get rid of."

By keeping his voice low, it's evident that Shumway wants to keep the information from reaching Bellamy Blake's ear.

He furrows his eyebrows at the interaction, attempting to skim the paper as best as he can. Despite Shumway's intentions, Bellamy had caught onto what the commander had told the guardsman, interest now striking his features.

A few hushed words are spoken among the men. Then, Shumway shoves the redhead out of the room, the note now permanently inaccessible to Bellamy's curious eyes.

Shumway turns back around, crossing his arms over his chest. He then proceeds as if they were never interrupted in the first place. 

"Ship launches in twenty minutes, Bellamy. If we're going to do this, we have to leave,

𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰."

◈═◈═◈