𝟎𝟐; clover

Clover;

          𝐂love lowers down to the soft, grass-covered ground.

She heaves a tired sigh, quietly glancing up at Wells. The two have been collecting firewood for the past few hours, wanting to do something useful for the group while the others are gone.

Her arms are already stiff from the heavy lifting, screaming at her to let them rest. Her green eyes drift down to her sore hands and she eagerly blows cold air at them, seeking to soothe the burning sensation.

Her attention soon drifts back to Wells. She hasn't let him out of sight, afraid he will cause any kind of trouble. So far, nothing bad has happened, and she prays it'll stay that way. At least until Clarke returns.

Her childhood friend meets her observing eye and sends a soft smile her way. She returns it, though a tad more tightly, glad to see him thinking about something other than their current situation.

Unfortunately, the moment is ruined as a certain boy strides over to the pair, a knowing smirk ruining his features. "Found any water yet?"

She signs again while retreating to her feet. Her legs were getting tired of the crisscrossed position, anyway. While moving to stand next to Wells, she watches Murphy causiously.

Something seems off. Why would he come over to ask such a simple question?

Wells throws a couple of muddy logs on the pile, then turns to face Murphy. "No, not yet. We're going back out if you wanna come..." The last words are faint as his sentence drifts off, eyes squinting at the dropship wall behind Clove.

Frowning, she turns around and discovers the reason why he'd stopped talking. Carved into the metal surface are five words staring angrily back at them; 'first son first to dye'.

"What the hell?" she speaks lowly before whipping her focus to Murphy, who's already scowling distastefully at Wells. She can make out the sliver of fear on her friend's face, an uneasy feeling settling in the pit of her stomach.

"You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him."

The girl's about to step forward when Wells clutches her shoulder. "No, Clover."

She catches Wells' eyes as he moves towards the brown-haired criminal. Her green ones widen, assuming he's about to ignite another fight. Luckily, though, her worried thoughts are quickly replaced by relief as she watches Wells make his way past him instead. 

"Spelled 'die' wrong, geniuses."

The blonde bites her lip, allowing her gaze to drift off in order to not reveal her amusement. Murphy swiftly turns to face her, the scowl still glued to his features. "You think that's funny?"