—end of N/A)

—end of N/A)

He tapped the cube twice before letting a breath through his nose and closed his eyes.

As his subconscious mind took over, he slowly opened his eyes, taking in the new environment he was in. It was the place where his mother resided for her whole life—after his dad was gone.

The skies were dark as night but the trees glowed with magic and small glow lights floated around the clean air around him. The light illuminated his face perfectly as his feet stayed under the soft lush ground.

He was about to take a step forward to look for the female's exquisite form but stopped with a voice by his back.

"I didn't expect you to come so soon."

He turned around to see his mother and he looked down the her feet, his curiosity still piqued with what happened earlier.

"Well, I needed to talk to you.", he answered, finally raising his head to look at his mother's beauty.

She was astonishing, with dark black hair flowing behind her back, her white chiffon collared halter dress that cling to her body perfectly, her white skin glowing, and her red eyes skimming under her long lashes.

She was a delicate woman—exquisite, elegant—perfect.

"What brings you here, my sweet?", she asked, her hand reaching out to touch Jaehyun's cheek, the soft skin caressing his own.

"I'm pretty sure you know about the newcomers.", he stated, sure that his mother was watching him for the whole time she wasn't there.

She smiled.

"What about them?", she asked, her hand slipping from his cheek towards his shoulder and she walked over to her son, her other hand reaching out to his head as she pulled Jaehyun into a hug.

Jaehyun let out a sigh at the soft caress of his mother through his brown silky hair.

"There's something going on that I don't understand.", Jaehyun mumbled, his body softening with his mother's hold on him.

The male took a deep inhale of Rhea's scent, the scent he always slept to when he was a child.

"Tell me."

Jaehyun looked up to his mother.

"You've told me I've got a mate, didn't you?", he asked and she delicately nodded.

His mouth opened but stopped abruptly from speaking. It wasn't right to jump to conclusions—besides the redhead Taeyong might just be someone he felt too close to so he asked—

"When will I meet my mate?", he continued, instead of 'Is Taeyong my mate?', because it was wrong in many ways.

No one in their world ever had mates—but because of the prophecy he had his fate on, he had one. He knew what he would feel and sense when he met his mate which was what he felt hours ago with Taeyong in the dragons' home.

But if Taeyong really was his mate, then he'd sensed it a long time ago, and Taeyong sensed him too.

But he didn't.

His train of thoughts was pulled when his mother let out a small smile, "Why don't you find out?", she asked softly, her smile pulling into a large grin.

Instead of pouting, Jaehyun looked down. He knew his mother was only there to support him and provide him information but not of something that should be his job to find out.

It taught him a lot.

Knowing that his mother was letting him solve his life on his own but was there by his side so that he understood the world better. With just knowing it through Rhea's words meant that she saw the world in her perspective.

No matter how similar their minds are, it was different when Jaehyun happened to experience and know it firsthand and learnt it through problems and victories.

"It's just...everything's starting to confuse me.", he mumbled.

Rhea stared at him and Jaehyun continued his ramble, "Ever since dad was gone.....I..everything was a mess...I was confused on how I was even was supposed to meet my mate in this large world, I was confused with how—with how I was chosen. I don't know who am I even supposed to fight or to protect! I—", he gave up trying to speak and just hid his face into his mother's chest.

Tears spilled from his eyes and he sobbed quietly, his lips trembling to stop the cries from coming out of his lips.

He felt a hand caress his back and a hand caress his hair as Rhea leaned on his head, her cheek landing on his soft hair.

"It's hard, I know. Things will get better as soon as you meet your beloved, he's right there—", she pointed at his heart before continuing, "He's just not ready to show you yet.", she answered, her smooth voice calming Jaehyun down.

Jaehyun let out a shaky breath and closed his eyes.