A Victory Ensured

Brandish looked around... She could have sworn that she had-

"Lady Brandish!" a soldier shrieked.

She knew what to expect. The dragon unleashed its breath; then it found it was three inches high and its breath hardly disturbed a stone.

"That will be your last mistake," Brandish said simply as she walked up. She then squished the beast beneath her heel.

"What the hell just happened Warren?!" Gildarts yelled over the telepathy.

"I... I have no idea!" Warren yelled looking around.

Seilah looked up in wonder, she was holding her wounded leg.

"Jackal..." she murmured looking to her comrade. Jackal's eyes were open and he seemed to be shaking. 

"Jackal, what was that?" Seilah asked.

"I'm not sure..." Jackal lied.

"Weren't we going to the medical tents?" Seilah wondered.

"Yeah, come on," Jackal said softly standing up and helping Seilah to her feet.

"Jackal... is something wrong?" Seilah asked.

"Sorry," Jackal bit. He signed something with his hand and Seilah froze; then suddenly she turned into a large purple book. Jackal gingerly picked it up, then he heard stones shift as someone approached. "Sorry bout this Seilah... you may have a few burns when this is over,"  he said softly.

He then gripped the book and threw it, propelling his hand with an explosion that sent Seilah's now scorched book flying over the land.

Jackal watched the book disappear into friendly territory and smiled. There was a roar and he ducked low as a dragon flew overhead. He slowly straightened up and took his gloves off. Then he turned and gave a psychotic smile before blasting the mountain before him into oblivion. Five dragon slayers fled the stones and confronted the demon.

"What's going on?" a fifth-generation dragon slayer hissed to her comrades.

"Time distortion detected; source, unknown," a fourth-generation dragon slayer rattled off.

"You ready to die!?" Jackal roared, "Cause I'm ready for you now!!"

"Forget the time thing! Focus on the task at hand," a yellow-haired fifth-generation dragon slayer yelled, "I want to finish this one quickly."

Jackal roared and rushed the dragon slayers.

"Juvia, Meredy!" Gray yelled pushing the two girls down as a dragon's green energy roar came barreling towards them.

"That was close," Meredy sighed, then her gaze narrowed, "what just happened?"

"You three should be more careful!" Lyons scolded quickly. Then his eyes widened and he turned expectantly as the dragon slayer from before brought his hands together.

"As should you!" the dragon slayer laughed releasing a beam of energy. Lyon brought up an ice wall that blocked it.

"Magility Sodom!" Meredy yelled attacking the dragon slayer.

Once he was disposed of the four looked to each other.

"What just happened?" Juvia asked.

"I...I don't know," Gray muttered feeling his chest which had been pierced just a moment ago. He had been dead.