That which you did not Kill

Mest had gone to inform the other guilds and had left Erik and Wendy alone.

The two dragon slayers slowly made their way to the next face. They were nearly there when Erik shuttered and his legs gave out from under him.

"Oniichan," Wendy cried in horror quickly putting him down. He leaned back on a rock and was breathing heavily.

"Is he alright?" Charle asked weakly.

"I'm going to heal him," Wendy breathed putting her hands forward.

"Stop it," Erik breathed pushing Wendy's hands aside, "You hardly have enough magic energy left in you for a roar."

"But... but you're hurt," Wendy whimpered.

"You're mostly unscathed but you're out of magic energy, I'm hurt but I have large amounts of magic energy in me. One of us has to give the other something and you can't heal me," Erik breathed.

"No, I can, you can destroy the faces; I have en-"

"Wendy, listen to me," Erik pleaded, "You can take my magic and destroy these things, as many as you can."

"But, what about you? You're hurt really bad."

"I'll be fine, the world needs you, Wendy."

"I'm not as strong as you... it took all I had to destroy that one face," Wendy cried.

"And beat a demon that destroyed me in seconds, you have the strength to do it, Wendy, I know you can do it," Erik smiled weakly. He put out his hand and allowed the poison to surround it.

"You can do this Wendy," Charle smiled.

Wendy took a deep breath and took her brother's hand. Poison ran up her arm and engulfed her body. There was a sudden silence that filled the area as the air grew still. Then suddenly the landscape was filled with wind.

Wendy stood up awakening her dragon force once more. Now she looked different, her pink hair was streaked with maroon; her wings were bordered with the same color. Her eyes were a shade darker and the wind around her swirled with streaks of poison within it. She looked back; her eyes now looked reptilian in the dying daylight.

"Charle, please watch over him," she asked.

Erik was now unconscious and Charle nodded putting a paw on the dragon slayer, "I will Wendy."

"I will be back soon," Wendy said. With that, she flew through the air shattering faces left and right. Guilds and mages watched in awe as Acnologia and Wendy Marvel broke face after face.

"There's too many," Wendy panted meeting up with Acnologia.

"We can do this little one, just don't give up," Acnologia roared breaking through another one.

"The fantastic God has arrived!' Serena laughed from below them.

"Great, start breaking stuff!" Acnologia roared.

"I've waited years for you to say that," Serena grinned.

"Are you willing to do this to your beloved?" Keyes taunted.

"Juvia... Juvia will do what she must to protect her family," Juvia cried attacking the necromancer.

"Well then, let us see what was kind of trouble your beloved has when he faces you," Keyes laughed.

Juvia found herself bound, incapable of movement.

"You will be a fantastic test subject," Keyes pondered.