The Morning After

Buffy's POV

God this is incredible.

I shift slightly in my bed as I wake up.

She's here... she's really here. Faith is here, in my arms, lying naked in my bed next to me. I still can't believe she's really here. It's actually happened. Last night actually happened. I did... and then she did... and then we did, together. It really did happen, and now... I'm happy. I'm truly and completely happy.

I hug her softly and look down at her beautiful sleeping form.

I really am happy. I just hope she is.

I kiss her forehead and she smiles, slowly waking up. She stirs in my arms and opens her eyes.

God I love this woman. I could spend the rest of my life looking into her eyes every morning.

"Morning..."

She cuddles up close to me and we kiss.

"Morning..."

I stroke her hair and let out a deep sigh.

"Faith?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you thinking?"

She traces a finger along my collarbone.

"I was just thinking about last night. About how incredible it was."

Incredible? Really?

"You thought it was... I mean, I know I thought... but I thought that you had... done stuff like that b-before, you really thought that it was incredible?"

She runs a hand along my stomach and my skin tingles at her touch.

"Of course I did B. Last night was like nothing I'd ever felt before. It was... it changed my world."

Changed her world?

"Really?"

She moves up the bed so we're face to face.

"Yes."

I kiss her gently.

I suppose I should ask her.

"So, when does the get gone part of all this come into play?"

"What?"

"Hey I know you. You're all about get some and get gone. It's okay, like I said, I don't regret what happened, and I knew what I was getting into."

She caresses my cheek.

"Buffy there is no get gone part to you and me."

She reaches down between my legs and I can't help but buck my hips to her touch.

"There's only the get some, lots and lots of getting some."

She takes her hand away from my thighs and I groan at the lack of her touch.

"I'm down for that."

"But last night wasn't about sex for me. It was about... how I feel about you. It's about how I..."

She stops for a second and then props herself up on her elbow, looking at me. I do the same.

"What is it Faith?"

"Buffy there's something I've been meaning to, to say but I've been afraid, until now."

"Whatever it is just, say it."