Xander

Faith's POV

"Wait."

I don't want them to fight over me.

Buffy stops and turns around for a second.

"We'll just be a second. Stay here, and don't worry."

She looks at me like she's trying to decide something.

She's trying to decide if I will stay or not.

She turns and goes into the next room. I hear the door close and they are shouting at each other.

Oh god!

I run my fingers through my hair as I walk over and sit down on the couch. I lay my forehead against my palm and lean against it.

They hate me. I have this haunting fear everyone I'm about to meet is gonna hate me. What if she loses her friends trying to convince them to be my friend? Why do they hate me so much? What did I do to them to make them hate me? Did I hurt one of them? Did I hurt all of them? Could I have killed one of their friends? They're all friends of Buffy. Did I hurt Buffy? Did I try and kill her? Is that why they hate me?

I stand up.

Ah!

I punch the table and the corner breaks off.

Why can't I remember?

"Faith?"

I turn around and there's some guy standing in the doorway.

"Who are you?"

"Oh come on, don't tell me your coma made you forget about me already. Where's Giles?"

I look behind me at the room they went into and then back at this guy.

"He's in there I think, with Buffy."

He starts walking towards me.

He seems kinda upset, this can't be good.

"What did you do? Catch them by surprise?"

"What? No..."

"Knowing you, you probably attacked them from behind while they weren't looking."

Knowing me?

I start backing away from him.

He's obviously not gonna be friendly.

"You know me?"

"The least you could do is acknowledge what happened between us. I mean I know it probably didn't mean as much to you but it's something I'll never forget."

What happened between us? Something happened between us? I-I never even thought about hurting them in other ways. Oh god! What am I gonna do?

"I-I'm sorry I..."

"You think an apology is gonna make up for...?"

We hear something get knocked over in the other room. He looks at me. His face quickly goes from upset to angry.

Uh-oh...

"Hey, look, that's... that's not my fault."

"And pigs fly..."

He runs at me and jumps, knocking me down. I struggle but he's got me pinned down. I start to feel like someone's choking me, but he doesn't have his hands on my throat. Someone comes in, it's Buffy.

I look back up as the pressure on my neck starts making me cough.

Oh my god it's me. I'm choking myself I... when did I have time to go to a cheesy motel? Ah, I'm choking myself. But my hands aren't on my neck. What the hell is going on? I blink and suddenly that guy is on top of me again.

"You wanna feel a connection? It's just skin. I see... I want... I take. I forget."

Oh god... what's he saying. I gotta stop him.

"No, wait. It was more than that."

"Faith, what are you talking about?"

"I could do anything to you right now, and you want me to. I can make you scream."

I feel myself trying to breath but I can't.

"I could make you die."

God no please stop. Something's choking me and I can't feel anything on my neck.

All of the sudden, someone grabs him off me and throws him across the room.

"Xander, don't!"

I sit up and I'm breathing normally.

What the hell? It must have been all part of that, whatever it was, that just happened.

I look up at him as he gets up.

"B-Buffy, you're okay!"

"Well YEAH! Why the hell wouldn't I be?"

"Well... well Faith was here. I didn't see Giles or you and... and then she said you were locked in the other room and..."

I didn't say they were locked in there.

"I didn't say anything like that."

"So what happened Xander? You just assumed Faith was trying to kill us all again?"

Again?

I start pacing in a small circle.

Again?

"Buffy, it's Faith! Psycho bitch of death..."

Again usually means it's happened a first time. I tried to kill them all? No wonder they all hate me.

I keep pacing.

"Xander, things are different now."

"How?"

I'm, I'm surprised this Giles guy didn't shoot me the second he saw me.

"She can't remember a thing."

"Oh so that's it? You just forgive and forget and all the things she did to us? All the things she did to you?"

Things I did? Oh shit... could whatever have just happened be a memory of something I did? Something I did to him?

"No Xander. The Powers That Be are doing that for us."

"What are you talking about?"

I stop pacing and look at Buffy arguing.

"The Powers That Be have given her something called Forgotten Conscience. Basically, they made her wake up from her coma with amnesia so that she can see the mistakes she's made."

I can't let her do this.

"And what happens if she gets her memory back and decides she likes killing more than feeling sorry for herself?"

I WON'T let her do it.

"If she does then I'll have to k-deal with her."

Deal with me?

"What do you mean DEAL with me?"

She was gonna say she would kill me.

She takes a few steps towards me and I start backing up.

"Faith please, just calm down."

"DEAL with me?"

Calm down? She's gonna kill me and she wants me to calm down?

I start breathing heavy.

"I-they, she... Something's happening to me, I... I feel like my insides are burning all over. I-help me..."

Something j-just snaps.

I run at her.

"YOU BITCH!"