Going Under

Faith's POV

Ow!

She throws me down on one of Giles' chairs.

That hurts.

I look up at her.

Not that she gives a damn anymore.

She looks down at me with a steely glare.

She definitely doesn't care. I'm sorry B, not that you would listen if I said it but I am sorry B. I'm sorry I couldn't save Riley for you. I'm sorry you walked in on that at exactly the wrong moment and jumped to exactly the wrong conclusions at exactly the wrong time. Most of all I'm sorry you couldn't trust me when I said I didn't kill him. I guess we weren't meant to be like we once both thought.

"Giles!"

No one else is here... they must've all gone home.

"GILES ARE YOU HERE?"

Giles comes out from the other room with a robe on, putting on his glasses.

"Buffy? Buffy what is it?"

He rubs his eyes and then catches a glimpse of me in the chair, hands tied behind my back.

"Dear lord what's going on?"

"I..."

"SHUT UP! I told you to SHUT UP!"

All right fine, I'll shut up.

Giles seems put off by B's anger toward me.

"Buffy, has something happened?"

There are tears in B's eyes.

"It's, it's Riley... he, he's been stabbed."

"Stabbed? Oh god Buffy, is he all right? Did, did you manage to get him to a hospital?"

"He... he's dead."

Giles looks at Buffy for a few seconds with a look of reserved grief.

"I'm so sorry Buffy."

Giles would never look at me like that, especially not now.

She runs into his arms. He holds her tightly and I look away.

I don't wanna see what I'll never experience again. The warmth of her body against mine, the feel of those incredible arms holding me like only she can. I don't wanna see what I'll never feel.

Giles starts speaking again and I go back to watching them plan my doom.

"Do we know what killed him?"

B looks at me with that horrible glare.

"She did."

This is normally where I'd interject and talk about how I didn't kill Riley, but she told me to shut up and that's what I'm gonna do. I don't have to say a thing. The evidence will speak for itself.

"What? Faith?"

"I found her over the body with his blood on her hands."

"That doesn't necessarily... are you certain?"

She pulls the knife out of her belt and shows it to Giles, handle first. Giles takes it from Buffy and examines it, the blood still on it.

"This is... Buffy where did you get this?"

"I found it next to Riley after his heart was stabbed repeatedly."

There's a moment of silence as Buffy and Giles look at each other.