Ice Creamy Goodness Can Sometimes Leave You Speechless

Faith's POV

Wow she eats like a pig. We've been sitting here in this little ice cream shop in town for a few minutes now, most of which she's spent shoveling ice cream into her mouth. I hope she doesn't always eat like that. I've barely made a dent in mine and it looks like she's almost ready for her second cup.

She looks up from her ice cream cup in what I could swear is her first breath in minutes, she gurgles ice cream as she speaks.

"What?"

That's so cute.

She swallows the ice cream in her mouth and wipes the dribble off her chin.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing it's just, well... I don't see how you can eat like that."

"Like what?"

"Well it's like you're inhaling it."

"I'm hungry."

"Okay yeah but how?"

"Well see, your body needs nutrients in order to continue functioning and a lot of the time you get those nutrients from food."

"No I mean, we had breakfast before we went over to the college gym. How can you be hungry?"

She starts scraping the bottom of her ice cream cup.

"I like ice cream..."

Yeah no kidding...

"And plus, you know, there's the whole hungry and horny slayer thing."

Maybe I shouldn't be asking.

"Um... hungry and horny?"

"Well yeah... you... you used to have a s-saying. You used to have a saying. You said slaying used to make you hungry and horny at the same time. Why? Aren't you hungry?"

"Yeah but I'm not the one inhaling her ice cream like it was evaporating."

She shovels one last spoonful into her mouth as she gets up from our table.

"Tell ya what? You can go on making a milkshake, I'm gonna go get another cup of chocolate ice cream, even though it's going straight to my thighs."

She turns and walks over to the counter.

And what a pair of thighs they are... did I just think that? You know, I think I did. Well Buffy did say that slaying makes you hungry and horny. Maybe that's all it is, maybe that's all I've been feeling. Maybe all I'm feeling is this hungry and horny thing Buffy mentioned. She is kinda cute though. I'm just not sure how either of us feels.

I see her walking back over to our table.

There's only one way to know for sure.

She sits down across from me again. She gets into her new cup of ice cream.

"Buffy can I ask you something?"

"You just did."

"Oh, well... I need to ask you another question."

She smiles at me and something about the way she looks at me makes me all flushed inside.

"It's okay Faith, go ahead."

Okay here goes.

"Buffy... are we in love?"

She freezes up, her spoon hanging from her mouth. After a few moments she takes the spoon out of her mouth and sticks it in her ice cream.