The Last Stand of Captain Cardboard

Faith's POV

I hope she's home, otherwise I'm gonna have to find SOMETHING to do till she gets here.

I start down the hall toward Buffy's dorm room.

It's oddly quiet for a college dorm at night. I guess all the wild parties must be some place else tonight.

I get a few doors down from her room.

It's probably better that way, B and I can get in some quality make out time without all the rattling of party goers around the dorm.

I walk up to her door and try and turn the knob.

It's locked.

I lean against the wall next to the door. I sigh.

I can't have any fun out here. Well I could, but I wouldn't want a bunch of horny college boys gawking at me. Not that it wouldn't be fun, I'd just rather Buffy be the one gawking.

I hear something moving in Buffy's dorm.

She must be home.

I move to knock but stop myself.

She's probably doing something important like... taking a shower.

The imagery makes me stop and think for a second.

Maybe it would be more fun if I just walk in on her unannounced.

I reach down and pull out my trusty pocket knife. I drop to my knees as I use my favorite blade to jimmy open the lock. After a few minutes of jimmying, the lock comes loose and the door clicks open. I walk into her dorm room and stop a few steps in as I see who is inside.

"Speaking of horny college guys..."

Riley looks up.

"Faith, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm not the one breaking into Buffy's room in the middle of the night, besides I asked you first."

"Ah, the good old I asked you first rule, how very school boy of you."

He glares at me with a not so convincing angry look.

I've seen angrier looks on dead bodies, actual dead bodies not undead ones.

"Fine, if you really wanna know I'm here to see Buffy. Now what are you doing here? I'm obviously not the only one breaking into Buffy's room at night."

"I have a key. Buffy gave it to me when we got closer. I suppose I should give it back, all things considered."

All things considered? There are things being considered?

"What do you mean all things considered?"

"Buffy broke up with me last night."

She broke up with him? I almost don't believe him.

"Really?"

She broke up with him.

"Yeah, she said she was going through stuff... and then she mentioned something about how she thought she was in love with someone."

She admitted it to someone?

I hold back my need to jump up and down like a giggly little school girl.

I wasn't sure she would ever admit it but she did.

"Faith, have you seen anyone?"

Seen anyone?