Latent Dreams

Buffy's POV

I'm standing in front of Faith. I think I'm squaring off with her. What's going on?

I throw three easy punches and she dodges them with ease. Before I have time to react she ducks down and my legs are kicked out from under me. In seconds I'm flat on my back and she crawls on top of me. She grabs my hands and pins them above my head.

I love it when she takes control like this.

She leans into me so close I can feel her breath on my face. The warmth of her breath makes me squirm. Suddenly, she notices something and turns her head slightly.

"Is that where it happened?"

I feel her hot breath shift and glide over my neck. It makes me shiver.

"Where... what happened?"

What is she talking about?

"Is this where I bit you?"

Before I can do anything I feel her tongue against my neck and she licks it. I squirm under the feeling of her tongue.

WHOA!

My eyes open and I sit up in my bed, rubbing my forehead.

What the hell was that? My dreams aren't usually so... vivid. They are usually all blurry and make no sense. The-the only dreams I have that are that real are those vision things I keep getting from the Powers That Be.

I look down at Faith.

Why are the Powers That Be giving me visions of Faith? Are they trying to help me get over what happened between us? Trying to help me get over the whole us trying to kill each other thing? But why would they give me a vision like that?

I run my fingers along my neck and feel the teeth marks on it from where Angel bit me.

Where she bit me?

"N-no it's, no..."

Faith?

I look down at Faith and she's tossing and turning.

I wonder if the Powers That Be are giving her dreams too. They could be just memories though. They took her memories for a reason. Maybe they're giving it back to her gradually so she can see what she did wrong?

"N-no, somebody... somebody stop me."

Maybe she's reliving her memories of hurting someone? Or even killing someone?

She starts really tossing and turning. I lean down closer to her from on my bed.

Should I wake her up? Would that interrupt what the Powers That Be are trying to do?

"N-no, no I can't, stop, stop me."

She punches the side of my bed and I can hear it crack with a bit of shift under me.

This can't be good.

I get up off my bed and kneel down next to her.

"Faith, wake up."

I put my hands on her shoulders to stop her from thrashing.

"Please, stop me, please... Buffy, no..."

It could be a memory of us fighting. We did that all the time.

"Faith, it's okay. I'm right here and I'm okay. Everything's okay."

She tries to move but I'm holding her down.

"Faith..."

Her eyes open and she looks up at me.

"Faith, are you okay?"

She's breathing real heavy. It must've been one hell of a dream, whatever it was.

She takes a while to answer, taking several deep breaths. Our eyes meet a few times and I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the way she looks at me.

"Y-Yeah, I think I am."

I take my hands off her shoulders and she sits up.

We're sitting so close I can feel her breathing on me. It's literally a matter of inches between us but I don't mind. Why don't I mind?

All of the sudden I notice my breathing is getting heavy as Faith's.

"Faith?"

"Yeah?"

She takes a deep breath and all it does is make me shiver.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah... I'm sure."

I get up and sit up on my bed.

"Okay... good... I just wanted to be sure."

She lies down and pulls the covers up to her shoulders.

"Yeah, I-I'll be okay."

I lie down on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

What was that? Was I turned on? N-no I couldn't be, I'm with Riley. But that feeling... it was a good feeling... that feeling when we were close. It felt almost like the way I used to feel around Angel... but it's more than that. I felt something else, something I've never felt before.

I close my eyes.

What the hell is up with me lately?

Faith's POV

Is she asleep?

I peek up over the bed and Buffy is lying down with her eyes closed.

Good, she's at least trying to sleep.

I lie back down and try to relax, but it's hard.

I had that dream again, the one where I kill Buffy. Why do I keep having this dream? I don't wanna kill Buffy... do I? No she's been so good to me and gone out of her way to help me... I don't want to kill her, I don't. But then why do I keep having these dreams? Angel said that slayers have visions about things that are supposed to happen. Am I supposed to kill Buffy? But I don't want to kill Buffy.

What if I get my memory back? Will I want to kill her then? No... no I'll stop myself. I know I will. I won't hurt her, I won't. These vision things though. They're what are supposed to happen. How do I stop what's supposed to happen? I don't think I can. But what happens if whatever's making me go berserk and try and kill people makes me kill her?

But then... what about what just happened? We were so close and, and I think I felt something. I don't know what it was, but it was something. It was definitely something good. Something I really enjoyed for whatever reason. I wasn't really sure what to think of it though. I... I think she enjoyed it too. At least, I think she liked it too. Was this something we felt before I lost my memory? It doesn't sound like it from the way we were talking about it earlier. Is this new or part of what's been done to me?

God I don't have a life I remember past 3 days and already the life I DO remember is screwed up. Damn it... I won't hurt her, I won't.

I close my eyes.

What the hell is up with me?