The Only One I Can Trust

Faith's POV

God she makes me so mad. I feel like I just wanna... SMASH something. This whole situation with B makes me wanna smash something.

I go back to pacing around my crusty old motel room.

I can't sleep. I'm not sure I'd want to even if I could. No doubt the damn PTB have cooked up another dream for them to beam into my skull to make me change my mind about breaking up with B. I'm not gonna let them. They don't get a say in my love life. Hell they don't get a say in my life at all.

I do what I want, when I want and I really could care less what they think I should do. And as if it wasn't bad enough having the PTB on my back I gotta worry about the spell too. I gotta worry that the spell is gonna make me hurt Buffy because of my feelings for her. This is all her fault. It's all...

There's a knock at the door.

What the hell is going on? Why do people keep coming to me? It can't be the manager, I'm paid up for the week. The nest egg the mayor set up for me will keep me paid up for... well, as long as I want.

There's another knock at the door.

I guess I can't just let whoever it is stand out there, fun as it might sound. It better not be who I think it is.

I walk over to the door and open it.

Damn it.

"What do you want B?"

It's exactly who I didn't want it to be.

"Faith I..."

She looks at me with a mix of pain and desire. I roll my eyes at her and walk back into my motel room in a huff.

"Did you want something B? Other than the obvious."

There's a moment of silence.

"Faith can... can I come in?"

My back to the door, I look at her from the corner of my eye. She looks like she could cry if I don't invite her in.

"Please?"

Not that she needs an invite.

I take a deep breath.

"I guess."

She tries to hide her smile as she steps inside hesitantly.

"So... how are you?"

Oh good, small talk.

I turn around and face her.

"Angry."

She lowers her eyes.

"Right, and who could blame you?'

I look at her with a raised eyebrow and a half frown.

"You did."

She breathes in sharply.

"And again I say right, without the blame question cause, well... god knows that could get repetitive. Faith, I know I'm not your most favorite person in the world right now."

"You're not wrong about that."

"And I don't blame you for being angry with me, after what I've done. And I wouldn't blame you if you decided to hate me for the rest of your life. I don't deserve your forgiveness, after what I've done to you, and I would never ask you..."

"Were you gonna get to a point some time soon? Because I was kinda busy with the not caring."

She takes a few steps forward but my steely glare makes her stop. She looks at me with tentative hope.