Only for you

Kongpob and Arthit walked side by side down the hallway leading to the conference room. Their steps seemed especially loud as they approached the door, but maybe it was their pounding hearts augmenting every sound. 

Kongpob stopped Arthit before he entered and turned him to face him. He adjusted his tie and Arthit gave a small smile at the husbandly gesture. 

Kongpob turned and opened the conference doors. His father was already inside and so where the board members who were looking at the two boys with a mix of emotions. 

Arthit and Kongpob sat next to Kongpob's father and the meeting began. Nin's father got up and glared at Kongpob and his family before he cleared his throat to begin.

"We're here to discuss whether these two students should be able to stay in this school. Their actions go against school code and set a bad example for those in this institution and in society. I vote we expel them from this school. All of those who agree please vote yes." Anong sat down and gave Kongpob a smug look. 

Arthit held his shaking hand in front of him in a humble manner. "I sent an email last night to all members of the board." The members looked around and gave knowing looks. Some of them seemed glad to have an excuse to kick out Anong. "I also have it here on a USB and will play it for you."

Anong looked at it with alarm and got up to protest, but the board member next to him stayed him. Anong glared at Arthit's form as he inserted the USB into the computer.

Immediately, the voices of Anong and Niran filled the room and the boards members shook their heads at him. 

"As you can see, Mr. Theeravit doesn't even have the right to be a member and his daughter doesn't have the right to be in this school. Furthermore, students are expelled only from teacher school if they are in a relationship with a person with the same sex. We are both in the engineering department. I hope the board does the right thing." Arthit hurried next to Kongpob and sat down. Kongpob held his hand tight and gave him an encouraging smile.

Prassakorn cleared his throat. "I for one am in shock that a person of such character is a part of this board. Not to mention, if he treats his own son like that then I don't imagine he has the best interest for the students of this fine school. I hope you understand that if he is not expelled from this board, I will rally the parents and the government and whoever I have to." Prassakorn made eye contact with all board members. His presence demanded respect and they finally saw how he could become the CEO of a major company. 

The board member next to Anong got up. "All those in favor of removing Anong as a member?"

Eight of the members voted yes and Kongpob clapped ecstatically. His father clapped him on the shoulder congratulating him.

Anong slumped down in shock. He went to get up his body shaking in anger. 

The board member who was sitting next to him stopped him. "Anong, please collect your daughter and let her know she's expelled. She will have to apply to another school next year."

Anong swept out of the room and slammed the door. 

Prassakorn herded the boys out of the room. "I'm going to work. We'll celebrate this weekend when you come home."

Arthit approached him and gave him a respectful wai. "Thank you for standing up for us."

Prassakorn patted him on the arm affectionately. "Always."

Arthit's eyes watered with emotion and Prassakorn left to give him some privacy with Kongpob.

Kongpob stroked Arthit's cheek gently and then gave him a hug. "You did good. We'll celebrate tonight, just us two. Okay?"