Be brave

The boys were deep in thought as they walked beside each other. Kongpob stared at Arthit and when he wasn't looking, Arthit would stare back. 

Neither of them wanted to talk about Nin's comments first and now were pretending nothing was happening. 

Kongpob pointed out a store to buy his father a gift and Arthit followed him silently.

Kongpob walked into the men's clothing store and Arthit walked behind him. Kongpob took out a button-up shirt and showed it to Arthit playfully. He gave a forced smile as he tried to get back to the moment before Nong Nin had arrived to ruin their day. 

When Arthit had asked him what they were going to do about her, Kongpob just dismissed her and reminded him that everyone that mattered knew they were together. Yet, Arthit's attitude continued to worry Kongpob. His P' was distracted and forlorn and Kongpob just felt dread. 

Arthit was trying so hard to respond to Kongpob's queries, but all he could think about was Nong Nin's ominous words. She was coming to make their life impossible and there was nothing he could do about it. 

"P'!" Kongpob called Arthit out of his thoughts and Arthit looked at him inquisitively.

"I said, what do you think of this shirt?" asked Kongpob.

Kongpob looked at the plain black button shirt with the gem stoned collar. "Too flashy," Arthit said while waving a hand dismissively. 

Kongpob picked out a navy shirt and held it up to his chest. "How about this one?"  

"Yeah, that one's good," Arthit said. 

Kongpob chuckled. "Look at us shopping together like an old married couple." 

Arthit smiled and rolled his eyes. "So. Damn. Cheesy."

Kongpob approached Arthit and Arthit backed up as his eyes darted around. Kongpob kept coming until he was a hairbreadth away from Arthit's lips. Arthit stared at Kongpob's nose and his eyes seemed almost cross sided. 

Kongpob raised a hand and stroked Arthit's dimple with his thumb. "I love it when you smile."

Arthit jerked his head away as he glared at Kongpob. "There's people here." Kongpob's face fell and Arthit felt bad, but part of him was half expecting for Nong Nin to jump out and call them disgusting again. 

"Don't let her get in your head. We can get through this together," Kongpob said gently. 

Arthit stood silent and nodded his head and somehow that worried Kongpob even more. 

Kongpob sighed and went to pay for the shirt. The boys walked out of the store and Kongpob finally thought of something to talk about.

"So you have to begin training me on Monday," Kongpob said. 

Arthit's head snapped around. "Who said?"

"P' Deer remember? I told you this yesterday in the cafeteria," Kongpob said with a knowing smile. They both knew what had happened after that. 

Arthit flushed with embarrassment, but then he smiled evilly. "Oh yeah I'll train you." I'm gonna teach you embarrassment. 

Kongpob smirked. He knew what his P' thought of as punishment was often just fun for him. 

"So do you want to see a movie?" Kongpob said as his mood got much better. 

Arthit didn't answer and Kongpob turned to see he had stopped behind him and was looking towards the exit. When Kongpob looked towards where he was looking he saw Nong Nin again and she was glaring at Arthit.