45. the one who was being stubborn

RACHEL PLARAS
"Do you think I should?"

My arms around Maeve while her head rested on my chest, she must have fallen asleep on me.

"So, the dude sent you a direct message?" Asked Theo looking at me, I nodded. "What did he say?" I sighed

"He asked me if she was his." I told him.

"Did you tell him it was his baby?" He asked, I shook my head while he did the same. "You should have to! It's his baby Rachel. Even if you're the one who break up and all, he deserves to know that he is a father." He told me

"But, I literally told him to leave me alone T. What was he going to say if I called him one week later and said 'oh can you come back home, I'm pregnant.' It doesn't work like that." I whispered yell.

"Of course, it does! Every children deserve to have a dad and Maeve deserves it. I will not let her grow up without a father while she has one and I'm pretty he is thrilled about the idea of having a baby with you." He shoot at me.

I knew he was right, but I was stubborn about him. He was enjoying his life and just started his world tour.

"I'm sure, he doesn't care. He is on tour with his friends." I told him, Theo groaned.

"Imagine he flies his Canadian ass right in front of your door, what are you going to do? Keep denying that it's his while she literally looks like him!" He exclaimed.

"If he flies there, well we will talk about it. But he's not here so I won't talk about it." I got up and went in Maeve's room, I put her in her crib and closed the door.

I walked back to the living room where Theo was still sitting, his mug in his hands while he looked at Toronto from the window. He was completely right, I was being selfish and I couldn't let Maeve grow up without a father while Shawn is hundred percent into it. How many times did he tell me that he loved kids, especially, with me.

"I'm stupid." I groaned in frustration. Theo's head snapped into my direction. "Do you think I should?"

"You have to, Rach. Do it for Maeve, she deserves to be surrounded by her family and not half of it." He said kissing my forehead.

"I will think about it. I promise to you T" I told him softly, he flashed me a smile.

I was insanely thankful for Theo, he came in a state of my life where I was a total mess because of the pregnancy but also because I was a single mom and had no shoulder to lean on.

Theo left my place not a long after. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages, Shawn's messages were still there I did not open it when I received it.

shawn mendes
happy three years.
9:12 a.m
[memo voice]
i hope you'll love it, you're still the one behind all of this.
9:14 a.m

My shaky hand pressed the button play and let the sweet melody playing. His smooth voice echoed in all the living room, the lyrics brought tears to my eyes. The song finished as I dried the tears that fell.

You're still the one behind all of this. The sentence was stuck in my head while the song kept playing again and again.

"Baby, any time you're ready
I'm waitin'
Even ten years from now
If you haven't found somebody
I promise, I'll be around." He sang softly. This was for me.

//

rachel
can we talk?
10:07 p.m

//

shawnmendes

Liked by alessiamusic, rachelplaras and 1

Liked by alessiamusic, rachelplaras and 1.876.900 others.
Tagged: alessiamusic

shawnmendes Canadians being Canadians✌🏽

user1: LOL

user2: Am I the only one to ship them?
↪︎ user3: you are NOT

alessiamusic: ✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽❤️
↪︎ shawnmendes liked this comment

user4: Did anyone notice that Rachel liked his post???
↪︎ user5: who's rachel?
↪︎ user4: Shawn's ex girlfriend who has a baby now!

rachelplaras

Liked by shawnmendes, camilacabello and 1

Liked by shawnmendes, camilacabello and 1.568 others.

rachelplaras golden hours
📸: theomilano

comments disabled.

[EDITED]
Hey!!! Tell me what you think about it.