33. the one who received a moral lesson

SHAWN MENDES
"We had a fight."

I felt so bad about doing this to Rachel, she didn't deserve it and I still didn't understand why she took me back.

"Shawn?" She asked as I turned my head towards her. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. I was not. "No. I-I talked to you so badly, and I don't give a fuck about what you think because I'm an asshole Rach." I said as she sighed. "I'm sorry, I hope you believe me."

She scoffed and turned her body so she was facing me. "Are you kidding? If I didn't believe you I will not be in car with you!" She said as I nodded.

"I love you, you know that." I told her as she sighed and looked on the other side. "Say something."

"I love you too." She said not looking at me. "Look at me, please." I begged.

She turned around and stared at me. "I love you Shawn but right now you're pissing me off." Okay, well, that was clear.

I sighed and continued to drive to my parents' house. The drive was silent, not a comfortable one but very uncomfortable. I hated the fact that I couldn't talk to her because she was mad at me. I parked the car as she stepped out and walked straight to the front door.

"Let's go." I said taking her hand in mine but she pushed it away. "Shawn?" Asked my mom as we both looked up. "And Rachel!"

"Hey Mrs.Mendes." Said Rachel, my mom frowned. "Please call me Karen sweetie."

"Sorry Karen, I will." She answered hugging her. "Hey son." Told me my mom as I took her in my arms, I really needed that. "Okay, I missed you too."

"Is that okay if we have lunch here?" I asked as she nodded. "Of course! Come in." She told me.

I looked in the living room seeing Rachel talking and laughing with my dad and Aaliyah, while I started at them. "Why are you here?" Asked my mom

"We had a fight." I answered as my mom frowned . "A fight?" She said and dragged me in the kitchen.

"What did you do?" She exclaimed moving her hands in the air. "I-I drank and I talked to her and said horrible things." I told her. "I feel so bad, mom."

She sighed. "You need to control your rage! You can't drink when you're mad or you will finish like an alcoholic!" She whispered yelled. "And Rachel isn't a punching ball, where you can say mean things when you're an asshole, Shawn." I never saw my mom that mad against me.

"I know, mom." I said feeling guilty. "But, she ran away a-and.." I started

"Oh let me guess. You felt guilty, ashamed, mad, stupid, lost, sad and alone." She said and she was right at one hundred percent. I nodded as she scoffed. "Well, I hope you learn the lesson, she will not come back every time."

I nodded, I knew she was right. It hurt to think that she would not come back if I kept acting like an asshole. "Rachel?" I called her as she looked up.

"And us?" Asked my dad as I smiled and hugged him. "I missed you dad, and Aaliyah." I said as she smiled and mouthed me to talk to her.

"What do you want?" Said Rachel as I grabbed her free hand and carried her in my old room. "I need you to stop being mad at me."

"I'm not!" She said as I nodded. "You are." I answered as she sighed and sat down. "And I need you to stop."

"I'm not mad at you but hurt. Hurt that you still think that I don't believe you while I'm with you and your family I still don't understand." She said calmly. "I promise you that we will work this together but if you don't do your part of the job, it's not going to work." She added as I frowned.

"Not going to work? Us?" I said as she looked away. "Rachel, don't leave me. I promise you to change and be a better man." She looked up.

"You promise?" She said quietly. "I do baby" My hand caressed her soft cheek as she closed her eyes in satisfaction.

"I love you." I said quietly resting my forehead against hers. "I love you." She answered kissing me softly.

//

shawnmendes

Liked by 458 others

Liked by 458 others.

shawnmendes mine x
comments disabled.

[EDITED]
quick chapter!
hope you'll like it xx
sorry if I did mistakes