37. the ones who talked about their future

SHAWN MENDES
"I had a promotion."

Getting angry about that James wasn't the right thing to do but I couldn't help but notice the way he was saying her name or looking at her. He liked her and she was too blind to see it.

It was now around six in the evening and Rachel must be crossing the door any minutes. Bingo!

She was here.

She walked tiredly in our place and took off her heels. "Hey." She softly said taking a seat next to me on the couch.

"Rough day?" I asked as she cleared her throat and nod. She slowly leaned into me and put her head on my shoulder.

"I had a promotion." She mumbled quietly as I nodded.

"This is cool, love." I answered. I was happy for her, she truly deserved it.

"Yeah, it's in London." She added as I felt the colours drained from my face.

"London?" I asked as she nodded. "You can't. What did you say?"

"That I didn't know." She said as I sat up correctly. "But if you don't want to, I understand."

"It's not that I don't want to but what will happen to us?" I answered.

She shrugged. "You still could come with me."

I shook my head. "No, I can't. My career is starting and I can't move to another country like that." I told her.

"Okay." She surprisingly said. "Can you assure me that we will have a future together? I don't want to say 'no' and you leave me one month later." She told me.

I took a deep breath and started. "You are my future, Rachel." I slowly stroke her hair

"Did you ever think about how our life would be?" She asked

"Yeah, I will be a singer and you will work as my manager." I chuckled as she smiled. "I will ask you to marry me because I'm deeply in love with you and then we will have a lot of tiny babies." I said. "Two boys and two girls so we're equal." I smiled to me.

She moved her head to my lap. "Any names?" She asked softly

"For the boys, Ethan and Ezra, for the girls, Melody and Megan." I said firmly as she nods.

"I love it." She simply said. "I love the names, the way you imagined us."

"How do you do to stay with me?" I quietly asked her.

Since she was half asleep, it was way too easy to talk to her. "I stay with you because I'm in love with you and you are a great man." She replied making me smile.

I tried for her to be better even if my bad temper, she noticed it. I was a great man for her and us.

"I love you, Rach." I whispered as she sleepily smiled. "How did you imagine our future?"

Still her eyes closed, she started to talk. "You and me, in a house like Pickering." She said. "Four kids, yeah. Sounds perfect." She smiled. "You will be a singer and I will be your stylist or some shit like that." She laughed.