TWENTY-THREE

Important author's note.
Abby's POV.
Business was slow today so i considered closing the shop today .I walked toward the entrance and was about to flip 'open' sign 'close' when I heard an explosion and people screaming. I quickly threw open the door and ran outside bumping into people as they all ran here and there. I was dazed for a couple of minutes and then i saw him. He was destroying the town with him the powers he had but he looks different. His hair was all white and there was a man standing next to him, watching him destroy everything. I looked around again and them sudden a car about ten feet from where i was standing exploded and i suddenly found myself back in the shop. I heard name being called and then I'm jolted back to the present. My mom was looking at me with a worried expression and i told her i was fine. "We have to leave now! That man, that thing is some kind of weapon and he's bent on destroying the city!" She grabbed my hand and we both made a run for it. Some armed men were running towards Nick with weapons and i just hope he is safe. Someone grabbed my hand and lead me and my mother towards a bus That was apparently taking us out of the city. It was almost full and we quickly found a spot. The bus quickly closed and the drive increase his speed as he took out of the area that was currently underfire.

I looked back and the place we're Nick was currently  destroying  was just a spec, but i know that's not for long. I look at the people and their terrified faces, all trying to find seats but unfortunately it was full. A pregnant woman was begging to be  seated in the bus and i took a deep breath and turned to my mother. "Mom" I started and she turned towards me. "You know i love you right? The man destroying everything is someone i know very well. I love him and he knows me too. I have to try and stop him so i won't be going with you" me mom was frozen and before she could relax. I told the driver to stop the the bus and offered the pregnant woman my seat. She smiled thankfully. I stepped down from the bus and it  started moving. My mom voice can be heard but i just blocked i out and started running back to the diaster and to Nick.

I had to reach him, i just had to. I ran towards where ,soldiers were setting up a barricade. I wanted to cross it but was stopped by them. "I have to c-". My words were cut off when there was a loud sound and then suddenly i was thrown to the ground with brutal force and then everything was dark for a second. I stood up slowly and looked at the dead bodies around me with remorse but i had to stop Nick. I was bruised badly and I'm pretty sure my knee is bleeding but still i want to persist. Soon i see that Nick is now calm and taking to the man next to him. "Ni-Nick" i stated and they both turned to look at me. I look at him so saw no look of him recognizing me. I moved closer to him and saw that his pupils was white. "Nick, its me Abby. Your Abby!" I stated and got nothing. He turned to look at the man. "Father, who is this?" I look at the man in shock "father" i whispered. "Nick, this isn't your father! Your real father is dead". He shook his head at me "No! This is my father and my name is GR707" he stated and i held his hand "look at me carefully, don't you recognized me!" I turned to look at the man and shoved him "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!". The man just laughed and looked at him. "You can believe what you want to believe but now he's under my control" he stated and i just shook my head and turned to look at Nick. "Listen to me! Your Name is Nick and that man is not your father!" I stated and still Nick face was still stoic. The man whistled and i turned to look at him. " he pressed a button and then barked out an order. Nick face changed and he started walking towards me with intent. I look at the man and he was smirking. "Nick stop!" I stated but he didn't listen. Soon he grabbed me and moved me towards the man. Pity you just can't mind your business" he removed a remote from his pocket and pressed a button. "Kill her",  i quickly backed away but i knew it was futile. I fell a power surge which jolted my heart and i know i was dying. The man could be heard laughing as i crashed to the floor. I strained to look up at nick and saw that he was confused. Fighting between what was right and wrong. "You stupid girl!" The man shouted but i just ignored him and kept staring at Nick "Nick Bates, e-even though you were my kidnapper. I fell in love with you, please come back to me" I grunted as i felt my life force slipping away and then finally, i saw a look of recognition on his face but it was too late. I won't see him or my mother again. As i laid  on the ground feeling like a shadow of myself. I finally take my last breath and only one thought came  to my mind before everything became dark . Was this actually love or just plain Stockholm syndrome?

************************************
Don't worry this is not the end.

Predict what will happen next. You can comment below.

I know this chapter also made me teary eyed.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

THANKS