°NINE

important author's note.

Abby's POV.
The next few days nick has kept me bedridden after my constant pleas that I was fine. He serves me breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed and I was becoming tired of the routine. I decided that today was the day I left my prison also known as my room. I opened the door and peaked outside worried and scared that nick will be standing there with a gun and a sinister smirk but was relived when I saw he wasn't there. I stepped into the hallway but saw no one. I walked towards the kitchen to get myself a bottle of water when I heard a faint thud upstairs. I thought noting of it but then I heard it again this time louder.

i was about to rush back to my room when I heard nick screams of pain and without thinking I rushed upstairs and burst into Nick's room. The first thing that caught my eyes were the colourful bottles that were scattered all over the room along with syringes, gauzes and emptied containers of drips. I looked around and there was nick in the far corner of the room. His eyes were closed but you could see he was visibly in pain, sweat glistening on his chest as he was shirtless. I took cautious steps towards him until I was finally in front of him. on his left arm was a tied gauze. I bent down until I was at his head level. I reached forward and placed my hand on his face which in turn made him jerk and open his eyes. "a-are you okay?", i asked him when he kept staring at me and he nodded. I wanted to retract my hand but he held it there and I didn't miss the tiny tremor that went through me. "I'm sorry you had to see me like this love", he stated and then suddenly I was in his arms with him hugging me. At first I was tense but I soon relaxed in his arms. "thank you for checking up on me", he stated and then buried his head in my neck "a-are you sick?", i whispered to him and he let out a chuckle "sweety sick is just an understatement, i-i -", I waited for him to continue until I felt warm liquid run down my neck. My heart twisted painfully as I saw that he was crying and all traces of fear vanished at that point. I managed to pull his head away from my neck and wipe away his tears."come on ", I say to him and pulled him up. I lead him to the bed and tucked him in."do you need something water or food?", i asked him and he just shook his head and sighed. "I just need to rest for a bit", he stated and I nodded. I looked out the window and saw that it was raining. I looked back at nick and saw that he was asleep so I decided to tidy up his room.

After getting garbage bags from the kitchen, I managed to get rid of the drips, bottles and gauze including the one on his arm. After I was done I headed to the kitchen to try and make him something. I was happy when I saw some ingredients that I could use to make a cake so I settled for blueberry cake. Soon I was placing the baking pan into the oven. The smell of blueberry cake filled the kitchen and I smiled because it reminded me of home. I looked upstairs and sighed, so many thoughts ran through my mind. is he dying or just a drug addict. The timer for the cake dinged and I brought it out to cool down. I looked around and grabbed a glass pouring orange juice in it. soon i cut off a healthy slice and placed in a plate. I grabbed a tray and after placing the cake and juice on it, went upstairs. i walked in and almost dropped the tray as nick piercing eyes held me there. "um i baked cake for you", I stated and walked further into the room. He smiled and stretched his harms so I placed in there. I waited nervously for him to taste the cake. "This is delicious", he stated and I visibly relaxed. "i know you have questions but please be patient with me, I'd answer it in due time okay love", he said and i smiled and nodded. "I leave you to your cake", I say to him and walked out the door. I sighed as I went back to the kitchen. i found out something about nick today. behind that assassin exterior is a person crying for help and I want to be the one to help him, even if it means I must put my escape plan on hold.

******************************
Hey guys, I know that I've been MIA lately and I want to say sorry for that and thank you all for being patient with me. and hey drumroll.....

we reached 12k+ views and I'm so happy about it. Thank you guys so much for reading and of course your lovely comments.

Don't forget to

vote

comment

follow.

Thanks

♥bolueniola