TWELVE

opening my eyes, i'm disturbed by the knocking on my window. looking up, confused, chat noir is there, awaiting my attention.

i yawn and look at him, "chat? what?"

"hi, yn." "why are you here at—" i see that it's nearly one in the morning, "— one in the morning?"

he smiles, tiredly. "to see you, princess." i open my window and walk back to my bed, flustered at the compliment.

"you came to see me, chat?"

he smiles and nods, "yeah, i did. that's not a problem, is it?" "not at all." i smile, waving my hand towards me, inviting him in.

i watch him sit on my bed and i look away briefly before feeling his gaze on me.

"what bring you here, kitty?" i say, casually.

"have i not explained that already, yn?" "you have, i just needed to confirm."

chat looks around my room. he acts like he's never seen it but something tells me he has. i walk over to my desk and shut down my laptop before putting some books away. "are you okay, yn?"

i turn to chat and smile, "well, you've woken me up, you see. might aswell clean a little so it's more presentable." he walks over to me and takes my chin.

"i think it looks perfect." he purrs at the start of the last word and i blush a little, "i think you look perfect."

i feel flustered and laugh, "i just woke up." "and? i still like the way you look."

i pull away and brush my fingers through the lengths of my hair. i know that it's wrong to like a hero.

looking back to my partner in crime, who obviously doesn't realise i'm me, he watches me with a squint.

"did i do something to upset you? i promise, i didn't mean it."

i smile and walk over, "no- you did nothing. i just got flustered." i smile, "there are just so many butterflies in my stomach."

he blushes and i blush back, "sorry, i just said that." "well, it's cool that the feeling is mutual."

his shrug didn't help the fact he just said that nonchalantly.

"what?"

my eyes go wide as i walk over to chat.

"what?" he replies, same word as mine, "i like you, yn."

"i don't know your civil identity, chat." he looks away and i look down to where tikki is hiding, "how would this work if i don't know your identity?"

"you do, though." i shoot my gaze at him, sharp and quick.

i can't know who he is. that ruins the whole dynamic of our super-heroism.

"i think it's best if you left. i need to sleep anyway."

he nods and walks to the window. as he runs off into the night, tikki comes out of hiding.

"that was definitely something, yn."

"no kidding, tikki."

i look out to see the moon shine and in the distance, a black cat looking out for paris.

finn speaks
uh hey yall, sorry for the late update