TEN

i walk out of class and listen as adrien walks after me.

"hey." i say, trying to stay peppy, "i know you're following me, adrien."

he blushes as i sigh.

"you don't seem too happy, yn." i widen my eyes. i think back to the battle with sandboy and roll my eyes, "hey, you can talk to me."

i shake my head, "look, i have to go do homework. see you around." after walking home, i close my door and grab out a book.

"you lied to adrien?" "basically." i say, not paying attention.

tikki pulls the book away, it takes some effort. "yn, why did you lie to him?" looking at my bedding, i shrug, "are you okay?" standing up, i walk towards my window and sigh. tikki follows me and sits on my shoulder.

"tikki?" i ask, "spots on."

i eventually make it to my destination and the dawn begins sooner than i thought. i make myself as comfortable as possible on the rail of the tower and focus my gaze on paris, itself. i like to think of the view as free therapy, in a way.

"ladybug?"

i turn to see chat and smile, "chatton." my cheeks go pink as he approaches me.

"how did i know you'd be here tonight?" he asks, eyeing me up and down, "it's like you live here."

we both laugh soft and i watch him as i realise  that i do really like him.

small talk ensues and i sigh. i don't notice it at first but with my head now on his shoulder, chat just takes my hand and squeezes it a few times.

"it must be hard switching miraculous like that, right?" he asks, "like, totally weird, too."

"i mean, of course. the bond i had with my old kwami was amazing but now i can recreate that." i shrug and watch the sunset.

i turn my head, on his shoulder, to look up at him and i watch as he pays attention to the sunset.

do i compliment how he looks? what do i even do? maybe i could-

"you look really nice." i blurt out. my lips stay slightly parted as i pull away. 

he smiles, "thank you, bug." i blush at the nickname, "blushing, are we?"

and there's that smirk.

i can't say anything so he speaks for me, "has the cat got your tongue?" he teases.

"well i don't feel you grabbing it so..." i say back, shrugging.

suddenly i feel myself losing balance and i fall. i quickly use my yoyo and latch onto something.

it's too bad, i feel someone catch me, landing me on the ground, safely.

"you really fell for me, didn't you, bug?"

i smile and run off, "obviously not." i say as i run off.

finn speaks

short chapter!!