ONE

walking towards the limo was extremely serene. my mind had filled with a variety of things. the landscape of paris was absolutely beautiful during march.

with melted snow and bright warm skys, could you really wish for anything more?

"yn, we have arrived." my assistant, amy, spoke. tearing my vision from my phone, i smile and nod. the limo had been opened by her and i thanked bailey, the driver and body guard.

a simple thank you left my lips as i now stood in the foyer of my new home. the double doors ceased to close as i turned around to see a blonde boy around my age, a smile gracing his tan lips.

"hello, is there anything i can help you with?" i asked, curiously.

"yes! i live across the street, just over there," he pointed to a mansion similar to my own and chuckled, "i couldn't help but wonder if you needed help with anything?"

i scanned his face, emerald green eyes filled with a sense of friendliness, strangely complimenting my own.

"that would be absolutely wonderful. i'm yn." "adrien."

"it's a pleasure to meet you, adrien."

treading up the white stairs with a crystal blue rug accompanying it, adrien began making small talk. "are you from around here? we usually get any neighbours so it's nice to see a new face."

shaking my head, a subtle smile laughed, "i definitely am not from around here. it's a very long story." "you can tell me if you want." adrien offered and i smiled softly.

"well i-" a ring disrupted my story. "maybe another day, i'll tell you?" "sorry about this, my father just really wants me home for something. he's always so out of touch with me, i swear." i just laughed.

"no sweat." adrien seemed annoyed. i couldn't blame him. "dude, it's okay!"

i chuckled. "see you around, adrien."

"see ya around, yn." watching adrien leave, i sighed. we didn't even get a chance to properly talk but i do get how he feels.

messing with my hair, i groaned and began unpacking, grooving to some random pop on the radio. not much but it's better than sitting in silence and wishing i was anywhere else.

after maybe an hour or so, i decide that im hungry enough for baked goods. sending amy a quick text, i begin the five minute walk to the bakery, in the mood for a savoury or sweet treat.

after all, what's paris without something it's known for?

finn speaks!

i hope this rather short chapter has improved immensely lol. also i know there are no comments connected to each paragraph, just make new ones lol

also i'm genuinely happy to be rewriting this! it is genuinely the first real piece of writing i ever put out so i'm so glad new audiences are going to see good writing haha.