fourtyfour.

Camilla stood outside of mothers house crying while holding the car seat with in it Alijah, she knocked on her mother's door. Camilla was hurt and confused. How could a man she'd invested her everything in, given her all to and known for so long, treated her like this? Although she and her mother were not on the best terms, Camilla knew as soon as she needed her; she'd be there.

"I was just about to head to the restaurant" she cut off her sentence, seeing Camilla's red eyes and tears flowing. "What happened?" Julianna said, pulling her inside and taking the car seat from her. "What's wrong, Cami?"

"Why did I get involved with him again?" She breathed out, watching her mom take Alijah out of the car seat and holding him. "Aubrey cheated mom" she added, taking a seat at the dining table.

"He did what?!" Julianna yelled, nearly scaring Alijah. "Sorry, baby" she hushed him. Julianna's cheeks grew red, witnessing her daughters distress was frustrating her; especially since she had always supported Aubrey and Camilla's relationship when most mothers would not, for him to do this to her daughter hurt her too. A silence fell into the room, Camilla kept her lips pursed whereas Julianna was calming herself down.

"Why would he do this?" Julianna sighed loudly.

"Your guess is as good as mine" Camilla spoke, barely allowing her voice to go above a whisper. "I need some time to think, I don't understand why? Is he bored of me?"

"Out of respect for Alijah, I won't do anything. But let me tell you something, this bullshit isn't your fault and he's out of his mind if he thinks anybody compares to you, my baby" Julianna said, kissing Camilla on the cheek. "What did you say to him?"

"Not much, I slapped him in the face though" Camilla let a laugh slip out, her dimples on full show.

"Good" Julianna laughed. "Do you still want to be with him?"

"I think so, I just need to think about how I'll get over this. He might not of had sex with her but, he might as well have" Camilla confessed.

"So, if he didn't have sex with her, what did he- oh, oral sex?"

"Uh, yes that mom, oral sex" Camilla laughed.

"That's young people shit, I don't think I've ever done anything like-" Julianna shrugged.

"Alright mom, let's not talk about that" Camilla put her hand over her mouth for a moment.

"Fine, would you like me to tell you what I think?" Julianna asked, Camilla nodded waiting for her mom to reply. "I truly believe Aubrey loves you, I think some time and space is needed but I don't think a separation is needed; If Alijah wasn't here, I'd be at that restaurant causing a scene, but out of respect for my grandbaby I shall hold back"

"I don't really know what to do, I feel kinda broken. That man is my whole life, mom"

"He still can be, he just needs some tough love to realise what's at stake"

"When I think about my life, having the big house and the kids, it's Aubrey I see with me. Nobody else, I couldn't even imagine myself with another man" Camilla stopped, shaking her head. "But then I think, to do this, especially during such a difficult time...he must not love me or respect me"

"I don't think that's the case, I know Aubrey loves you. That man was wrongfully sent to jail over something your dad masterminded, he didn't take out any of that anger or aggression against you. He asked me for permission to propose to you, he stole money to fulfil a dream that both of you had" Julianna spoke. "He made a mistake...one that you may never forget, but not one that should be held over him. I'm so angry with him right now, Cami but I know you don't want to leave him and I won't tell you to"