seventeen.

Today was a hectic day. It was the rehearsal dinner and the aura about today was...off. There were too many people to monitor, too many people in one place and a lot of tasks to do. The rehearsal dinner for the wedding was today. To be completely honest, Camilla had next to no idea what a rehearsal dinner was for but the wedding planner suggested one and who was she to argue with a wedding planner?

"Baby, im not going to lie to you I have no idea what a rehearsal dinner is for" Aubrey confessed as all the guests arrived.

"I'm glad you said that because neither do I" Camilla looked up at him.

"I mean, as long as I get to see you in these tight ass dresses I'm not complaining" Aubrey smirked, wrapping his hands around her waist and giving her a kiss.

"You can take it off me later too" she raised an eyebrow.

Camilla and Aubrey were more so using the rehearsal dinner to refresh everyone's memory of what would be occurring on the day of their wedding. The groomsmen and bridesmaids were paired together, Camilla's mom and Aubrey's mom and were paired together, etc.

"Can all the bridesmaids and best men get together in order?" Camilla said, standing up on a chair to get all those in the room attention.

"Don't stand on the people them chair" Julianna hissed at Camilla, causing her to quickly jump down.

"I paid for this chair" Camilla tutted under her breath, hoping her mom didn't catch that.

As the bridesmaids and best men gathered in front of the Camilla and Aubrey, she looked at everyone then tilted her head then whispered to Aubrey.

"Switch Oliver with 40" Camilla whispered, covering her mouth.

"For what?" Aubrey looked at her, then it clicked. "Oh, you're putting Bri with 40?"

"Yeah, I'm playing Cupid"

"That ship has sailed, C" he shook his head. "He doesn't even talk about her anymore"

"Give it a chance, we had our second chance" she nudged him, still whispering.

"You didn't have a baby on break-" he began to speak then stopped his sentence because Camilla began to pout. "Alright fine"

"Thank you, baby" she smiled.

"Oliver and 40, you guys gotta swap" Aubrey said loudly, clearing his throat after seeing 40's face. Oliver and 40 quickly scurried to their places, 40 and Brielle exchanged awkward looks before staying silent.

"I want more bridesmaids" Camilla put her finger on her lip. "I have 5 bridesmaids, you have 9 best-men"

"There's a week till the wedding, C. You can't just throw in people"

"Yes I can"

"You said you wanted your closest friends as bridesmaids, not just acquaintances and all that"

"Ok, but this is where I'm coming from. If I have 9 and you have 9, that's a good ratio"

"C, we got 7 days till we get married. Just leave it...please" Aubrey sighed.

"Fine" Camilla rolled her eyes.

"What's up with you today?" Aubrey whispered to her.

"Nothing, I'm just stressed with this whole thing" She frowned. "You guys can take your seats now, I just want you to know you'll be walking in the same way, same music. Oliver remember that you're with Courtney, 40 you're with Bri"

For the next half an hour Camilla was sat at the table barely socialising. Her mother, Aubrey's mother and Aubrey had decided to take over given the fact that she was not in the best of moods.

"You ready to talk?" Aubrey sat down on the vacant chair next to Camilla. "And don't tell me nothing is wrong, cause I know it"

"My mood is just off today, I think I'm stressed" she sighed. Camilla's mood had been fluctuating for a while but she'd put it down to stress with the wedding and running the restaurant.

"Is it that or is it because of what happened the other day?" Aubrey raised an eyebrow at her.

*1 week ago*

Aubrey walked into the living room, seeing Camilla sat on the couch with tears streaming down her face as she hung up the phone.

"What's happened, baby?" He quickly rushed to kneel in front of her.

"My grandpa can't walk me, Aubrey" she wiped her eyes. Camilla's had grandfather essentially helped raised her, he was her father figure and she loved him dearly. She'd always said whenever she got married he would walk her.

"What? Why?"

"Cause he's gotta walk with a stick, my Aunt Sadé doesn't think it's a good idea to make him have to fly from Jamaica then walk down the aisle...which I understand"

"I know this meant a lot to you, C" Aubrey placed his head on her knees for a second then looked up at her. "These things happen, I know he wouldn't want you to let this ruin your day" he added, trying to reassure her.

"That's true, he'll be there in spirit" she forced a smile as Aubrey moved to sit next to her and give her a tight hug.

*

"Kinda, I don't know, you know how I am. I over think a lot" she leaned her head on her hand.

"I have a surprise for you, actually" Aubrey smiled. "But I need you to keep your eyes closed when I say so, cool?"

"Uh, sure" she laughed. She noticed that everyone else in the room had quietened down and were now facing her and Aubrey. Aubrey left the building before returning and stopping at the entrance.

"C, close your eyes now" Aubrey instructed. Camilla closed her eyes and raised her head to the sky slightly.

"I don't really like surprises" she reminded him, still keeping her eyes closed. Aubrey walked in front of her, laughing to himself. Camilla grew anxious as she heard the sounds of everyone cooing and muttering amongst one another.

"Alright, open" Aubrey said, standing to the side.

"Grandpa!" Camilla jumped up as she saw her grandfather chuckling in front of her. She abruptly smiled and pulled him in a hug. "I thought you couldn't come?"

"Well, I was advised not to but your fiancée is a very good man. He did not come off the phone until my doctor said yes" her grandpa chuckled, kissing Camilla on her cheek.

"Thank you so much, baby. You don't understand how much this means to me" she turned to Aubrey, kissing him.

"I do understand, that's why I had to do it for you" he grinned at her. Everyone began to clap, the room was practically silent beforehand as everyone took in what was happening.

"I owe you so much neck" Camilla whispered in his ear, before turning back to face her grandfather.

All in all the rehearsal dinner was a success. The only thing left was the wedding, the only worry was whether everything would go to plan.