thirty.

Camilla was laid up in bed when her phone began to ring. It was Aubrey. A part of her really wanted to avoid speaking to him considering how they'd just spoken to one another, but if the last month or so had taught her anything, it was that life is too short. The last time she shut Aubrey out, he nearly died.

"Hello" she sighed, picking up the phone.

"Baby, I don't want us to leave things on these terms"

"If you didn't, you'd be here right now with me. But you're not, so as much as I'm glad you're fine, I just wanna be by myself for now"

"I'll be home soon, and we will talk. I just needed to cool off"

"It's fine, Aubrey"

"I love you"

"I-I love you too" Camilla replied, hanging up the phone. She sighed, rolling over and closing her eyes to try and go to sleep.

As frustrated as Aubrey was, he knew this argument wasn't worth the tension between him and Camilla. Aubrey was trying his best to get back into Camilla's good books. He knew her father was already a sensitive subject for her, not to mention combined with the hormones. The next morning Aubrey was pacing the kitchen, thinking about how he could make it up to Camilla.

"Hey, Bri. Could you do me a huge favour?" Aubrey whispered on the phone.

"At 7am Aubrey? Not sure what you'd really need...go ahead" Brielle groaned.

"Could you get Camilla out of the house for a few hours? She's not exactly in the best mood with me right now" Aubrey confessed.

"Oh yeah, I heard" Brielle cleared her throat. "I'll help you, but you gotta watch Zac in return"

"Uh, Bri-. Sure, bring him" Aubrey chuckled.

"Great, I'll be there in a few hours" Brielle laughed, ending the phone call.

Despite being in a terrible mood, Brielle had convinced Camilla to leave the house and come shopping with her. She knew once she brought Camilla to the baby clothing stores, she wouldn't be able to stay mad.

"This is so cute" Brielle said breaking the silence between her and Camilla as they browsed the clothes.

"It is, but it's not gender neutral. I want white stuff for now, I mean is there any point since I find out the gender in a few days?"

"Yeah, with Zac I just got plain white stuff anyway. You could get some socks and hats" Brielle hung a few baby onesies over her arm and smiled at Camilla. "You're being too hard on him, you know?"

"Who?- oh Aubrey, no I'm not"

"You are. Don't get me wrong, he was doing way too much last night...I wasn't the biggest fan of him before but he loves you so much"

"Bri, I knew it would be too much to even handle me carrying his child once everything came out about my dad. He can't look at me the same"

"Are you out of your mind? That's not true" Brielle looked around before beginning to whisper. "You stood in front of a gun for this man, you shot your own father for this man and you think he can't look at you with the same love and affection he did before?"