twentyeight.

"Drizzy, what's up?" Baka said to Aubrey. This was their first face to face encounter since the shooting. Things were awkward.

"I'm blessed, what's up with you?" Aubrey cleared his throat, taking a seat opposite Baka. They were at the hookah bar of their long time friend, Habibiz. It was sort of a celebratory night for the men, Hush just got out of jail, Aubrey didn't die, he was having a kid etc.

"Nothing man, I'm just here" Baka spoke lowly. Things were silent after that, the atmosphere grew uncomfortable as if both party had something to get off of their chest but refused to say it. Habibiz, 40, Niko and Hush eventually joined them at the booth.

"How's C? She holding up alright?" Hush said in attempt to kill the awkwardness.

"She's good. Still a bit shaken up but I'm trying to make sure she just focuses on the baby" Aubrey nodded, exhaling smoke into the air.

"When's she due?" Hush gave a faint smile. "Gotta get my nephew something nice"

"It's a boy?" 40 asked.

"We don't know yet" Aubrey shot Hush a look, then chuckled. "But yeah, she's due February, March time"

"Damn, Drizzy's gonna be a dad" Niko smiled, highfiving Aubrey as the rest aside from Baka laughed.

"This is exciting, you gotta bring the baby as soon as he or she is born" Habibiz laughed, pulling out his phone to take a snapchat of what he was doing.

"You know, I got an issue with you fuckers" Hush joked, pointing the hookah pipe at each of them.

"Why?" 40 questioned.

"If I had known Drizzy was back on this violence shit, I would've taken care of LD and Shane. Easily" Hush shook his head at them. "You know I would've"

"Yeah, yeah but you always wanna take shit too far" Baka shrugged.

"Nigga, Drizzy had to get a bullet removed from his chest. You don't think that's too far? You wastemans nearly died, eh? Dress up your talks" Hush fanned him off. Hush was Baka but  x100. Hush was little bit more rational, and he was a little bit older so he knew how to go about things differently.

"It's done now though, we can't even do anything else to him" Niko shook his head. "That's Camilla's dad"

"What's your point?" Baka and Hush said at the same time.

"If I knew about this, I would've killed him at the drop of a hat" Hush sighed.

"I hate that nigga... but I can't have blood on my hands over my child's grandfather" Aubrey furrowed his eyebrows deep in thought. "I'm a lot of things, but I don't know about killer"

"Same, man" 40 closed his eyes for a moment, then reopened then. "Hush, we're not here for that. You yourself said Drizzy went through some shit. Why would we even run risk of that again?"

"I'm not asking for permission from none of you. I'm just saying, if I get the opportunity, I'm killing him" Hush shrugged. "Look, I get you wanna do the right thing but sometimes the right thing isn't always the fair thing. They say karma is a bitch but really karma is a 6ft nigga named Hush"

"Hush, I wouldn't shed a tear if this nigga died but you just got out of jail and that's Camilla's father"

"Are you forgetting she shot her father? For you? She doesn't give a fuck about him, clearly"

"Think about this" Niko spoke up. "I agree with Drizzy. We gotta lay low and leave this shit alone"

"I'm with Hush on this one" Baka sighed. "I've been feeling mad guilty since the shooting, I didn't pull the trigger but I feel like I could've and should've done more. Here's our more"

"Whatever you're getting up to, I don't wanna be apart of it" Aubrey put his hands in front of him, signalling some sort of 'surrender'.

"Me too" 40 and Niko said, shaking their heads.

"At some point you gotta just leave some shit alone and move forward" Niko added, clearly perplexed by Hush and Baka.

"Save that Dear John shit for someone else" Hush kissed his teeth. "If LD or Shane saw Aubrey today, I guarantee you that they'd wanna do an on sight ting, we're not giving them the chance"

"It's that Renee bitch we gotta get" Baka said, staring into the distance. "Maybe even Leah"

"Speaking of Leah, I saw her a couple days ago" Aubrey said, causing everyone to be taken by surprise. "Not like that, damn"

"What did she say?" 40 furrowed his brows.

"Typical Leah shit, she was apologetic and she wants to be civil, then she starts talking about pressing charges on Camilla for fucking her up" Aubrey raised an eyebrow. "She thinks I'm stupid though, ain't no way she'd still have an injury from nearly over a month ago so I know someone else is beating her ass"

"I was thinking the same thing" Niko said. "Leah's always trying to be too slick with it, she doesn't realise we're always one step ahead of her"

"She's a problem, would be a shame if her and LD died" Hush muttered.

Aubrey grew somewhat uncomfortable at the conversation unfolding. As much as he had not forgiven LD, Shane or Leah for anything that happened, he was really trying to change. Especially since he knew if he really wanted to get his hands dirty, he could.

"I'm gonna head off guys, gotta check on wifey" he chuckled lightly before saying his goodbyes and heading off home. He arrived home to see Camilla sat up in bed on her laptop, smiling to herself.

"What's got you smiling like that?" He laughed, hearing him speak before she even got the chance to realise he was at home caused her to get caught by surprise.

"You're home" Camilla smiled, getting out of bed to jog and give him a hug. "I was getting bored"

"Same" Aubrey chuckled as Camilla pecked him on the lips.

"What? It wasn't fun blowing flavoured water vapour into the air?" She laughed, laying back in bed and picking up her laptop again.

"Surprisingly not" he laughed, quickly changing into his basketball shorts and removing his shirt.

"How was it seeing Hush?" She added, keeping her focus on the screen.

"He's uh, he's good. He's excited about the baby" he said.

"That's nice of him, I'm sure the baby is excited to meet him...I guess?" Camilla joked. "Anyway, I thought you guys were going to the club?"

"I can't party with a sling" Aubrey reminded her.

"Why not? You're doing everything else. Driving, cooking, fucking...need I go on?"

"Well, Hush wanted to go to hookah not me so ask him"

"Whatever" she giggled. "Look at this" she beckoned as Aubrey flopped himself down on the bed.

"How did you get that?" Aubrey laughed, looking at laptop screen. Camilla had found some old photos of the two of them.

"Facebook" Camilla shrugged. "I miss your curls" she ran her hand across Aubrey's now shaven head.

"I get way more pussy with my hair like this though" Aubrey joked.

"Oh, I bet" Camilla burst out laughing. Aubrey chuckled, laying his head on her stomach. The whole night all he was thinking about the conversation he had with the guys earlier. Could he really reignite the issues he had with LD? Was it worth it? And how would Camilla feel?