7

Shawn looked worried at me.
I held his hand.
"Sorry for yelling", I told him.
"It's okay.", he said smiling.
As we arrived I asked for mom's room and immediately ran up to her.
I got into the room. Her eyes were closed and the doctors were standing next to her. I couldn't find my brother in the room.
"Celine?", one doctor asked.
"Yeah", I answered.
"Your mom has not that much time. You know that after the accident she lost most of her abilities. Her whole life depended on you. And now she has reached her final stage. I am so sorry to tell you that you can't do anything to help her. Just take your time with her. Your last time."
He tapped me on the back and left the room with the other doctors.
I went to mom and laid next to her.
I hugged her. She did not move. She felt so cold... she was just not the mom I knew.
I kissed her on the cheek and left a tear on it.
"Mom... I will always love you. Thank you for being my mom... for taking care of us till you got sick. Thank you for every single moment of my life I could spend with you"
Tears ran down my face.
Shawn came on the other side of the bed and took my mom's hand.
"I will take care of your daughter. I love her more than anything. You can be proud to have a daughter like her... she is pretty strong so don't worry about her. She is in the safest hands", he told her making me smile with tears in my eyes.
I laid my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt Shawn's hand touching my shoulder before he leaves.
I grabed my mom tightly. I just didn't want her to pass away like this.
One week passed by and I was still laying in bed... in my room of course.
Mom's funeral was a few days ago but Shawn didn't come. I just didn't know what happened to him. He promised my mother to take care of me but since he left me in the hospital room I couldn't see him.
I picked up my phone and called him. No answer. He didn't even come to her funeral... I mean, he was my boyfriend... Stress on 'was', I think. I thought that it was over.
Maybe Andrew told him about everything now that she was dead and he had nothing to keep me?
I was so scared.
Suddenly my phone rang. I was too scared to pick it up but I did.
"Hello?", I asked.
"Hi", Shawn said.
"Shawn! Where are you? Why aren't you here!"
"Celine... we need to talk. Meet me at my place in 30 minutes. Please.", he said and hung up the call.
I got up from bed, got ready and got on the next bus to arrive punctually.
As I arrived Shawn opened the door, greeted me and let me walk into the living room to take a seat on the couch.
"You maybe know what I'm going to talk about", he started to say.
I gulped.
"I am sorry that I couldn't be there for you. But I'll make it up to you..."
"Wait... what's the reason why you couldn't be there?", I asked him confused.
Didn't he know about the deal yet? So I had the chance to tell him myself! I felt relieved.
"Andrew..."
Then I gulped again. Was he playing with my mind on purpose because he knew it or what?