Do you know that empty feeling? That empty feeling in your mind and in your heart? I could describe it as reaching the low of your career.
I hadn't released songs since one year now, I guess, I just had lost my inspiration to write them.
It's just like this: My song's stories are all fake. A big lie. I never felt all those feelings I describe in my songs neither have I ever been that deeply in love. I am sorry, but that's the truth. No girl is just my type. They all love me because I'm famous and fool me, but I will never ever fall for them again. And now I have to listen to all those complaints of my manager.
"Shawn, just write your songs. We can go on a trip if you want to... to get you your inspiration. Just take your guitar in your hands. It's that easy.", he said, "you're almost twenty years old! You can't just stay invisible like that! What happened to the 'record-breaking-Shawn', to the 'boy who wrote stitches' to the 'there's nothing-"
"Enough! That's just enough! I will try my best. But I need a guitarist. The other one had to leave because he got offered a new job in a band or something like that. Everyone left me...", I told him.
He nodded and finally left.
I threw myself on the couch and buried my face into the pillow to scream as loud as I could.
-Celine's POV-
"Your order, Sir?", I asked him.
He pointed at a meal on the Menu.
I nodded, took the menu and walked into the kitchen.
"Meal 4!", I yelled.
The cook nodded.
I went outside and got some fresh air.
"I can't believe how far I could go for earning some money. I mean, okay... I need it for my family but I gave up on everything. I could have been a great musician. Maybe not that famous but I could write songs for other artists. But now my dreams died with all my hopes", I thought.
I went inside again to carry meal 4 to the man on table 3.
I placed the plate on his table and he looked into my eyes smiling and saying: "Thank you"
I smiled back, "Your Welcome."
As I wanted to step away he asked me something no other guest did.
"What's your name?", he asked eating. "Uhm... Celine. And your name?"
I sat there in the grass and picked up my package of cigarettes. "Don't", someone said.
"What?", I looked up at him, "can't you just mind your own business?"
He had brown wavy hair and his eyes shone bright in a hazel-like colour.
He looked cute... and handsome. He was also pretty tall, maybe 2 heads taller then me.
"Why are you smoking? I mean... how old are you?", he asked.
"Wow", I said clapping my hands.
"What?"
"That's the best way for a pickup right? Asking me for my age by mentioning my smoking-problem. Just leave me alone", I said lighting my cigarette.
"Well then... It just doesn't look good when a beautiful girl like you is smoking."
I shook my head and noticed that he was gone.
I saw Andrew coming out of the restaurant right in my direction. "Hey", he said sitting next to me.
"Hello", I answered. "You couldn't finish your sentence... about the instruments. I know you might need a job right now... and I would have the perfect offer for you."
"Really? Oh my... you are not a porn-producer right?"
"No! What the...?", he said.
I started laughing, "just joking. Well, I play the guitar."
He had a bright smile on his face.
"Would you like to be the guitarist of a popstar?", he asked.
"Who??? Justin Bieber???", I got excited.
He sighed, "nope... Shawn Mendes"
"Who's Shawn Mendes?", I asked him.
"The guy singing Stitches"
"Ooohhh! I remember him", I said.
"Let's meet at 8 in front of the Television Tower of Toronto", he said and gave me his business card. He left as I read the contact information on his card.
I got pretty excited. I did not really pay attention to Shawn Mendes. I just heard his songs a few times on the radio and I didn't even know how he looked like... I just hoped that he was kind and funny.
And just my type of person.