Briar shakes her head. "I was going to... but imagine how surprised they're going to be when they see me," she says. She can already picture it: being swept off her feet, being hugged tightly, being told how excited they are... "Merlin, Fleur, you're going to love them. They're so nice... And I can show you around Hogsmeade, they've got this amazing sweet shop called Honeydukes and there's a couple dress shops and I bet we could find some pretty jewellery to go with these dresses..."

       She gestures to her dress robes, referencing Fleur's as well. Both of them, when they were told they were going to Hogwarts, were also told that they needed a dress. Briar went with Remus a couple weekends ago, spending the afternoon looking at all of the different dresses. It took Briar a good couple of hours to find the right one, finally trying it on and exclaiming, "I look like a princess!"

       Briar hopes that the reason for these dresses will be a good few weeks into their time at Hogwarts, because she needs some time to hunt down a necklace, at least, to go with her dress. Her dad said that she can have a look at his mother's jewellery — "You're welcome to all of it, Livvy's already taken your grandfather's watches" — so Briar's hoping that there's something there.

       That night, Briar doesn't sleep much. It's half because she's itching with excitement, but also because of what falls tomorrow night — Halloween is the full moon, which means for Briar, she needs to get herself away from people before the sun sets. Her dad's already told her how to get into the Shrieking Shack, and Sirius has said he'll visit quickly, to help her get in through the shortcut, so Briar knows that things will be sorted, but still. She's scared. What's going to happen, when it starts to get dark, and Briar starts to feel ill, like she always does? What's going to happen, when she gets so disorientated that she's convinced she's five years into the future, or three into the past?

       The issue with Briar's full moons is this — they aren't just turn into a werewolf, suffer, then turn back feeling unwell. Briar spends the whole night having visions. And she never remembers them, but she always wakes up feeling terrible. And, around the full moon, she starts to get the worst visions, the ones that confuse her to the point that she forgets she's having a vision, she fully believes she's in the future. A lot of the time she forgets them, too — apparently once she envisioned her own wedding, and the only reason she knew was because she told Fleur, "Is Dad ready to walk me down the aisle?" Maybe she was telling the Fleur in her vision, maybe she knew Fleur was trying to speak to her. Briar doesn't know. All she knows is that she forgot the vision about her own fucking wedding! How ridiculous is that? Briar can't wait to get married, and then she goes and forgets what it's going to be like? Fucking tragic.

       It worries her, though, because she knows that the twins are going to do what they always do whenever she has a vision, and that's make sure that she's OK. Which has always been gentlemanly and nice of them... Up until now, where that exact thing makes things so much more difficult for her. She hopes she can get away with telling them that her visions have gotten worse — Fleur's grandmother, the Veela, was also a Healer that specialised in treating those with visions and other abilities, like reading minds and whatever, so fingers crossed, they can use that and say, "Well obviously that means that Fleur gets this, it's just easier if it's just us..."

       She knows the twins are going to take offence. Fred looked weird when Briar called Beauxbatons her school, like she had moved on from Hogwarts, so she doesn't know how he's going to react when she tells him that she doesn't want him around when "she's having a vision..." And she supposes actual visions, too, or else they'll start to get suspicious about why certain visions, they can't see.