The Truth Will Set You Free

"Emma," a voice called out to me. "Emma Pierce?" I forced my eyes opened to see the owner of the soothing voice standing right in front of me. She looked like an older lady kind of like my grandma. The only thing odd about her was the fact I could see through her.

"Hmm, how long have I been down here?" I asked in a gravelly voice. "Can't believe I'm hallucinating already."

The woman frowned at what I had said, "This is not a hallucination, Hon. The Enchantress sent me to find you. She is coming to rescue you. Don't worry, Hon." With that said she disappeared leaving me alone with one thought; who the hell is the Enchantress? Also, what the hell was the old lady? She couldn't be a ghost. Could she? God, I sound fucking crazy.

I tried to ignore what happened and focus on something else. Like the dryness of my mouth or the constant pain in my stomach. If I didn't get out of here soon, I'd most likely die of starvation or something. Thankfully I still had my suit on so I wasn't cold. Though I once again have to pee. It was really uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pee myself soon if I don't escape. Speaking of which, I need an escape plan. Though these dumb arse chains keep me from using my powers, I still had other options. I could feel my knife in my boot which I could try to get out somehow. There was also the fact Max had a key hooked on his belt loop at all times. Was it the key to set me free? Who knows but it could be. I could also get Maya to help me though I still feel bad for using her.

I looked around the empty room. There wasn't much to see even if the lightbulb was on. Currently, it was pitch black. The only thing I could see was Frank. Frank wasn't like the old lady. I could see him not through him. Plus he didn't say much. I knew he was a hallucination luckily the only one I've got besides the "ghost". I'm pretty sure Frank is silently judging me though.

"Frank, I'm bored," I inform him. "You want to play rock paper scissors?" Frank tilted his head questioningly than looked at my tied up hands. "I can still do it!" I said making each hand gesture. He rolled his eyes at me but came over and sat in front of me. We played a few rounds and Frank won each time which was completely unfair. "Frank, I've come to the conclusion you are cheating." He raised an eyebrow at me. "You are a figment of my imagination which means you know me better than I know myself. It's unfair because I don't know anything about you."  Now what Frank did next surprised me, he spoke to me! Yeah, that didn't happen. He just gave me that look that said 'you're a dumb arse'. "Don't give me that look," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Who the hell are you talking to?" I heard a familiar voice ask before the lightbulb turned on.

"Just me, myself and I," I smiled at Max. "Also, Frank but don't worry he's not my type. I've only got eyes for you." Yeah, he slapped me again. I know. How surprising.

"Listen, see this?" He asked me holding up a syringe with a neon purple liquid.

"Are you finally going to kill me?" I smirked.

"Sadly no," he informed me in a monotone voice. "I am however going to inject truth serum into you so we can finally get somewhere."

Now I don't know much about truth serum but I do know whatever I say has to be the truth. Nevertheless, I don't think I have to answer the question he asks. I could always not speak but something tells me he would enjoy that. Plus what's the fun in being quiet? So I'm going to do something that could be slightly risky. I'm going to filibuster my way out of this. I'm going to talk nonstop about some random shit till the serum wears off. Now, the problem with this is I could accidentally tell him something I didn't want to.

"I don't know why we need truth serum. I always tell you the truth, Honey-Bun," I tell him. This time he actually didn' t me he just got Maya to hold down my arm while he injected me. I didn't feel different. Did it actually work?