Reality

Short update again! sorry! I have school and stuff now, but I am working on those bonus stories! Keep the voting up!

I love you guys! <3333333333333333333

~Joise

 Okay, I know everyone has heard The A Team by ed sheeran, but I posted the music video on the side, beacuse it is a must see. This song and many more depressing songs inspired this chapter.....

*************************************************************************************************

I didn't really know what to do after I watched Rose walk away. The small lump in my throat seemed to grow bigger with each step she took. The sun was fading behind the hills and I decided to watch the last of it's decent from my tree. I sat in silence and let the tears stream silently from my eyes.

I'm  sad cause Rose is gone, she's happy and she deserves to get out of this place, but the reason she left has me torn inside. I always said how we are all a family, and we still are, but how does it feel when your family member leaves to be with their real family.

I will never be the family all these girls miss. They will always yearn for the love that they remember their mothers giving them. The love only a mother can give. A love I don't remember. I know I had a mother, but I don't remember her face, her voice, or her hugs.

I wonder if I ever had a father. If so, might he be still alive? Do I have a family out there, some where? Would they except me as the whore I am? Would they love me unconditionally? Or is all of that just in the story books?

Prostitutes never have a role in the story books. They are never whisked away by a magical prince. They never learn they are secretly a princess. They never find the family that abandoned them. At best, when they are mentioned, they repent and go back to the family they ran away from.

What if I am not ashamed for what I will do at coming of age? What if I am proud that I have created a family? What if I was not the one who sinned, but the family who abandoned me did? Could anyone still except me or possibly even love me?

Maybe I was fated for this, and that's why my family abandon me. They didn't want a whore. They wanted a proper lady, but they got me instead. I could never make anybody happy, that's why I am here.

I just want a home. A home where I can be safe. Safe from the people who despise my very being. The people who think I should just die. The people who are probably right.

I slump against the tree trunk and let the sobs rack through my body. I gave into them and them them shake my body until I ached. Even then I couldn't stop. Not until I felt bony arms wrap around me.

"Calm, hun," I turned and buried my face in Alli's shirt. She hushed me, but it made me giggle with her lisp. After she realized I was now laughing she joined me. "Oh, you find it funny now?" She laughs.

I sit up and smile. "No, not really, I just needed a reason to laugh."

"It'th fine." She smiles back. Her blue eyes look troubled, but with her I can never tell exactly whats wrong. She has this mask that seems to mix all of her emotions together, so you can never tell her exact feelings.

Right now her eyes seemed troubled, but her countenance seems light. She could be troubled because of my sobbing fit, or there could be something else going on. I would never know, because the next thing I hear is Anna screaming. Not in fear, but in joy.

"He's here! John!"

Me ans Alli look at each other. She raises an eyebrow questioningly.

"John, Anna's fiance is here."

She nods. "Should we go see if this man is worth the fuss he has created?"

"Sure," I laugh.

We climb down the tree and walk to the front. I hope the dark conceals my red eyes. That shouldn't be a problem, because all of the focus is on the tall dark haired man twirling Anna.

I look at her twinkling eyes, her joyful smile, and love that she expresses as she clings to him. He looks so relieved to see the woman he loves. His strong arms support her and his smile comforts her. His kiss tells her he accepts her. Her blush is caused from the way her heart beats for him and she is not ashamed of it. This is love. They seem to cast a bright aurora that lights up the moonless night.

Anna knows love. I envy her for it, yet it gives me hope. She has found someone who accepts her and her sins, maybe there is someone out there who can accept me. Just maybe.

I turn and look to my side, but Alli is no longer there. I frantically scan the small crowd that has formed, but she is no where to be seen.

Anna finally notices me and runs over to me excitedly. "Elise! Come here, come here!" She grabs my hand and tugs me back over to her finance. "John, this is Elise!"

His bright green eyes are alive in the excitement as he looks down at me. "Nice to meet you Elise, I'm John." He sticks his hand out and I shake it. "I have heard quite bit about you, but I never expected you to be such a young lady." I blush and he laughs.

"Nice to meet you as well." I nod.

The rest of the evening is spent with Anna and John talking about how they met and their plans for the future. usually I would be fascinated, but tonight I am just in a haze. Everyone seems so jolly and at peace. Why am I the only one who can't get sucked into this fairy tail?

No matter how much I want to, I just can't leave reality. Maybe it because I just seemed to face reality. How I just realized my position in the world. How low I am. I don't really deserve to have a family at all.

I'm just a prostitute with no family.